Windows 10: How do I change the language for live captions?

Discus and support How do I change the language for live captions? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How can I change the language for accessibility live captions? I have other languages downloaded into my language settings, but only see one option for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SamanthaAH, Jan 24, 2024.

1. How do I change the language for live captions?

How can I change the language for accessibility live captions? I have other languages downloaded into my language settings, but only see one option for the accesibiltiy live captions. When I select "add a new language" in the caption settings, it tells me to add a new language to my computer. Even when my Windows display language is changed the live captions remain in English. How do I change the captions language?

:)

SamanthaAH, Jan 24, 2024
  2. Shawn Brink, Jan 24, 2024
  3. David_KND Win User
    Can't add Language in Windows 11 Live Captions

I can't add languages into the Live Caption Accessibility in Windows 11, other than the English Speech Pack that is downloaded alongside Live Caption, I can reposition and change caption options, but there is no option to add languages in it.
    _

How do I change the language for live captions? 6MbWJ7X6SAHj5%2fgBbDpij9hZOmXycky5IjVFRbkGZxH7tvFOnRLmyMZGcW1jLokKPTaHVWha%2fW2JxMH51RpGV5HgA%3d.png

Is there a problem with my Windows?

David_KND, Jan 24, 2024
  4. How do I change the language for live captions?

Can't add Language in Windows 11 Live Captions

Hello! My name is Mostafa; I will assist you today.

I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue. You can not change language in the live caption. You need to download and add your preferred language by going to settings. Please refer to the below link.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2023/....

Please let me know if the above steps did not help. Thank you.

Mostafa Sadeghi, Jan 24, 2024
Thema:

How do I change the language for live captions?

1. How do I change the language for live captions? - Similar Threads - change language live

2. Live Caption Language Only Displays English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Caption Language Only Displays English: I want to use Windows 11 Live Caption for Spanish videos. I have added Spanish to my languages for Live Caption and moved it to the top of my preferred languages . But when I start Live Caption, it says "Ready to caption in English". When I click on caption language in the...
  3. Live Caption Language Only Displays English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Caption Language Only Displays English: I want to use Windows 11 Live Caption for Spanish videos. I have added Spanish to my languages for Live Caption and moved it to the top of my preferred languages . But when I start Live Caption, it says "Ready to caption in English". When I click on caption language in the...
  4. How do I turn off live captioning Windows 10 Chrome edge whatever I want live captioning...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off live captioning Windows 10 Chrome edge whatever I want live captioning...: How do I turn live captioning off copilot Bing Google none of them tell me the exact answer there's cotton picking keyboard shortcuts windows key alternate F alternate FA alternate a doesn't work yeah I'm frustrated no I'm madder than hell I can't get a straight answer from...
  5. How do I change the language for live captions?

How do I change the language for live captions?: How can I change the language for accessibility live captions? I have other languages downloaded into my language settings, but only see one option for the accesibiltiy live captions. When I select "add a new language" in the caption settings, it tells me to add a new...
  6. How can I choose a different language for the Live Caption feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I choose a different language for the Live Caption feature?: Although Portuguese language pack is installed on my PC, I can't choose it as the Live Caption language. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-choose-a-different-language-for-the-live/56639061-91a2-4a4d-8d64-8ace87f6d472
  7. How can I choose a different language for the Live Caption feature?

How can I choose a different language for the Live Caption feature?: Although Portuguese language pack is installed on my PC, I can't choose it as the Live Caption language. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-choose-a-different-language-for-the-live/56639061-91a2-4a4d-8d64-8ace87f6d472
  8. live captions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live captions: Does windows 10 have live captions feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-captions/cc5a6644-120b-4508-9da0-b1fc2a050f51
  9. live captions

live captions: Does windows 10 have live captions feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-captions/cc5a6644-120b-4508-9da0-b1fc2a050f51
  10. live caption

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    live caption: On Goggle Chrome, if want to turn off live caption.Look at the top right corner of your screen & you will see what looks like a music bar, left click and a small window will open, on the lower right corner, you will see a slider bar. to turn off the live caption move this tab...