Windows 10: how do i change my administrator email with a new email

Discus and support how do i change my administrator email with a new email in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my renewal is about to restart how can i change my administrator email account to a different email account? I want to get rid of my old email.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maribel Chacon, Jul 9, 2024.

1. how do i change my administrator email with a new email

my renewal is about to restart how can i change my administrator email account to a different email account? I want to get rid of my old email.

:)

Maribel Chacon, Jul 9, 2024

2. HELP to Change Administrator Email on New Laptop

Hi Lian,

The email address that you are using in the Microsoft Store will be the email address that will appear as your administrator account. Signing in your son's Microsoft account in Xbox app might change the account that signed in to the Microsoft Store. That
    being said, we suggest that follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • In the Your Info tab, Under Your
      email and accounts, click on
      Sign
      in with a
      local
      account instead.
    • Enter the password for the Microsoft account to confirm that you are authorized to make the change, and then click on
      Next.
    • On the Switch to a Local Account
      page, enter a temporary local user name and password.
    • Click on Next to sign out from the Microsoft account and sign back in using the new local account password.
    • Go back to Accounts, and this time, click on Sign in a Microsoft account instead.
    • Fill up the information needed.

This step will change the email account linked on your administrator account. If you will let your son play on the Xbox app again, we suggest that you
    create a separate user account for him.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Jul 10, 2024
  3. mccoady Win User
    Change Administrator Email

I hope I can explain this correctly. When I first upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 I had been using a Sbcglobal email but have since changed to an Outlook.com email. I'm still currently using the former but not for much longer. We have two User Accounts (mine & wife's) on this PC so any changes will need to take that into consideration.

My startup login still shows my Sbcglobal email as does my Administrator account on my PC. If I click on 'Manage my Microsoft account' and go to my online account it does show my new Outlook.com as my email.

How do I change my startup email login & Administrator email (Sbccglobal) to my new Outlook.com email?

If you sign in with a local account will that give you the opportunity to change the email to Outlook.com? If I would switched back I suppose I would still have my old email correct?

mccoady, Jul 10, 2024
  4. how do i change my administrator email with a new email

Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

how do i change my administrator email with a new email

1. how do i change my administrator email with a new email - Similar Threads - change administrator email

2. how do i change my administrator email with a new email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my administrator email with a new email: my renewal is about to restart how can i change my administrator email account to a different email account? I want to get rid of my old email....
  3. How do I change my email?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my email?: When I got into Windows I didn’t link an email to my account, but when I logged into my Xbox account through Xbox console companion it automatically made that email the one for my user account. I don’t want that email to be linked to my user account how do I change it to a...
  4. How to change administrator email?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change administrator email?: Hi all, I'm looking to switch my microsoft emails for my PC because I don't use the other one anymore. But it seems like I can't remove the default one that I first used. I can only add more accounts and delete them, but not the primary one. Been searching for an answer...
  5. Change the Administrator Email

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Change the Administrator Email: Hi I would like to change the email user to my administrator account. How to change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-administrator-email/9182851e-1110-4569-a3ff-42c2aaf8c4ce"
  6. Change Administrator Email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Administrator Email: I recently closed my email account due to excessive spam. How can I change my Administrator Email for Windows 10? I keep getting notifications to Fix my account. 139069
  7. Change Administrator Email

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Administrator Email: I recently closed my email account due to excessive spam. How can I change my Administrator Email for Windows 10? I keep getting notifications to Fix my account. [img] 139069
  8. How can I change my administrator email?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change my administrator email?: Hello! I'm kind of losing my mind with this issue and hope someone can help. So all of a sudden I woke up my computer after my son had been using it (he's 12) to find that although all my apps and windows were still available, I couldn't use them. Every single thing...
  9. Change Administrator email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Administrator email: I need to change my pc administrator email address, but it doesn't seem there is a place to change it. Does anyone know how to make the change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-administrator-email/f64f39f1-20be-4344-b4bf-fcf39a4c4cdc"
  10. Change Administrator Email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Administrator Email: I hope I can explain this correctly. When I first upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 I had been using a Sbcglobal email but have since changed to an Outlook.com email. I'm still currently using the former but not for much longer. We have two User Accounts (mine & wife's) on this...