Windows 10: How do i change location of boot agent?

Discus and support How do i change location of boot agent? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, i want to remove one of my ssd, but the ssd i want to remove is the only one that can run boot agent. So how to i fix this. I can reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Axel Bekkevold, Jul 4, 2024 at 6:32 AM.

1. How do i change location of boot agent?

Hello, i want to remove one of my ssd, but the ssd i want to remove is the only one that can run boot agent. So how to i fix this. I can reinstall windows but it didnt help since it installed again on the same ssd. So how do i reinstall windows so it only downloads on one of my ssd. I can not remove the ssd while i am reinstalling.

:)

Axel Bekkevold, Jul 4, 2024 at 6:32 AM

2. Can’t change the location.

Hi George,

I am sorry to hear that you had to encounter an internet connection issue in Windows 10 before. You can always come to us for any issues on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Let us see what to do to resolve this issue on location settings. TO assist you better, please answer the questions below.

• Where did you see your location as Vermont USA? How did you tried to change the location?

• Are you getting any error messages while changing the location?

• What is the build version of the Windows? Follow the below steps to check the build version.

• Open up the run command with the
      Win key + R key combo.

• Type winver into the run command text box and hit
      OK.

• You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

I suggest you to ON the location service and check if the location is changed to your current location. If the location service is ON, the Windows will automatically find your location once the system in connected to internet and update
    the location on the Apps, which has the permission to access to the location. Refer to the below link to ON the location service and more.

Windows location service and privacy - Microsoft Support

You may also change your Country or region manually by the following steps;

• In the search box on task bar, enter Change region, then select
      Change your country or region.

• Under Country or region, select your new region.

Hope you can change your location.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

3. Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jul 4, 2024 at 7:09 AM
  4. skytrails Win User

How do i change location of boot agent?

desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thema:

How do i change location of boot agent?

1. How do i change location of boot agent? - Similar Threads - change location boot

2. How do i change location of boot agent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change location of boot agent?: Hello, i want to remove one of my ssd, but the ssd i want to remove is the only one that can run boot agent. So how to i fix this. I can reinstall windows but it didnt help since it installed again on the same ssd. So how do i reinstall windows so it only downloads on one of...
  3. How do i change location of boot agent?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i change location of boot agent?: Hello, i want to remove one of my ssd, but the ssd i want to remove is the only one that can run boot agent. So how to i fix this. I can reinstall windows but it didnt help since it installed again on the same ssd. So how do i reinstall windows so it only downloads on one of...
  4. How do I talk to an agent for help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I talk to an agent for help?: I am recalling emails. When I pull up the status report, 1 recipient isn't acknowledged. His name is there, there isn't a status on him, and when they say 1 read 2 deleted, that excludes him.How can I make sure that his emails were re-tracted?...
  5. How to change the location of the Windows boot partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the location of the Windows boot partition: So, here's a funny story. After reinstalling Windows, for some unknown reason, Windows decided to put its boot drive on the 10 year old laptop HDD I put in my PC instead of my C: drive. Is there any way to move the boot partition since I need to change the drive to a one with...
  6. How to change the location of the Windows boot partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the location of the Windows boot partition: So, here's a funny story. After reinstalling Windows, for some unknown reason, Windows decided to put its boot drive on the 10 year old laptop HDD I put in my PC instead of my C: drive. Is there any way to move the boot partition since I need to change the drive to a one with...
  7. How do I change default Install location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change default Install location?: I almost followed a tutorial which uses regedit and thanksfully I read the comments before restarting the PC (the comments were telling that the tutorial broke their computer) I switched the location to D drive for a brief moment and immediately switched back as soon as I saw...
  8. How do I change the location of This PC > Documents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the location of This PC > Documents?: When I open File Explorer, under This PC I have the following: Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos. I'm trying to change the locations Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos from my bootup drive to a data drive. I've managed this for...
  9. How do I Change location on Lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I Change location on Lock screen: On the lock screen the location shows Washington DC. I am in the same time zone, but I live in Atlanta GA. How do I change location to Atlanta. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-location-on-lock-screen/ae5aedca-9cee-4295-b475-259ac58c3f4c
  10. how do i change the location of 'documents'?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i change the location of 'documents'?: Recently I've reset my laptop so i could use it for my education. However, since the reset the 'my documents' (and Pictures) user-folder at 'my PC' has been changed to the onedrive equivalent. I've tried turning off onedrive by changing my group policy, but it turned out...