Windows 10: How do I add my child to family group when it says he is in another group, but isn't?

Discus and support How do I add my child to family group when it says he is in another group, but isn't? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to add my child to family group. On his end it shows that he is in my family but on my end there are no members. How do I get him added on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kerri Findling, Aug 22, 2024.

1. How do I add my child to family group when it says he is in another group, but isn't?

I am unable to add my child to family group. On his end it shows that he is in my family but on my end there are no members. How do I get him added on my eMore info:When he accepts the invite to the family that I send, it says he is already part of a family and needs to remove himself from that family to join mine. However there is no option to remove himself on his account.This is the error:You'll need to leave your current family group to join a new one.To leave a group, select Go to family group, find your name, and then select and Leave family group.If you need help, p

:)

Kerri Findling, Aug 22, 2024

2. A child leaves family group himself

Hi

I'm trying to setup family safety to protect a child from an adult content and limit time spent with PC.

I've created family group and invited child's account to the family. Then applied permissions.

Child left the family group and disabled parental control. How to prevent that?

ВалерияГоловко, Aug 22, 2024
  3. Microsoft family - can't add child to group

I am trying to set up a Family Group and add one child, but when it gives the option for my child to sign in and accept the invitation I get a message saying 'You can't join this group until you leave the group you are already in'.

I have set up my child with an outlook profile so that I can set screen time limits on our shared device but I can't get past this hurdle.

There is no other family group that he could be in.

ELLESBELLES, Aug 22, 2024
Thema:

How do I add my child to family group when it says he is in another group, but isn't?

1. How do I add my child to family group when it says he is in another group, but isn't? - Similar Threads - add child family

2. How do I add my child to family group when it says he is in another group, but isn't?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add my child to family group when it says he is in another group, but isn't?: I am unable to add my child to family group. On his end it shows that he is in my family but on my end there are no members. How do I get him added on my eMore info:When he accepts the invite to the family that I send, it says he is already part of a family and needs to...
  3. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  4. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  5. My child left the family group and now when I try to re-add him he can't join

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My child left the family group and now when I try to re-add him he can't join: My child left the family group and now when I try to re-add him he can't join as he is in another group and no "leave" button, error YSawH6x69kSTm4hQ.63.97...
  6. My child left the family group and now when I try to re-add him he can't join

My child left the family group and now when I try to re-add him he can't join: My child left the family group and now when I try to re-add him he can't join as he is in another group and no "leave" button, error YSawH6x69kSTm4hQ.63.97...
  7. Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety: HelloI was having trouble with my child account on a new w11 laptop to retrieve screen time. I tried to remove parental consent and remove my Child from my family group.But then impossible to put back consent. And after several removal attempt, I now get an error message when...
  8. Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety

Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety: HelloI was having trouble with my child account on a new w11 laptop to retrieve screen time. I tried to remove parental consent and remove my Child from my family group.But then impossible to put back consent. And after several removal attempt, I now get an error message when...
  9. Family Group setup for child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Group setup for child: Hello, I am looking to setup a child account however, it is asking for an email. My child does not have an email account and when I select the option to use my email instead, it does not let me proceed. It says that there is already an account assigned per my email. There...
  10. Microsoft family - can't add child to group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family - can't add child to group: I am trying to set up a Family Group and add one child, but when it gives the option for my child to sign in and accept the invitation I get a message saying 'You can't join this group until you leave the group you are already in'. I have set up my child with an outlook...