Windows 10: How could i know if my computer is able to use secure boot and how can i open secure boot...

Discus and support How could i know if my computer is able to use secure boot and how can i open secure boot... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was having trouble with booting valorant when i try to loging it shows me a error message and it says my pc requires secure boot on once i tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mecalor, Jul 31, 2024.

1. Mecalor Win User

How could i know if my computer is able to use secure boot and how can i open secure boot...

I was having trouble with booting valorant when i try to loging it shows me a error message and it says my pc requires secure boot on once i tried to open it and my pc blackout and i cant use my pc for a while because my computer broke now on these days i really got bored and i want to play valorant but im afraid to try to fix it again. Could anyone help for what i experiencing?

:)

Mecalor, Jul 31, 2024

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jul 31, 2024
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jul 31, 2024
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How could i know if my computer is able to use secure boot and how can i open secure boot...

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

They don't have to, as Secure Boot is supposed to have the option to be disabled in the UEFI interface. Most of the free distros probably won't see Secure Boot support. However, enterprise supported version of linux, such as Red Hat and the others that see heavy use in the enterprise world, will be using Secure Boot for sure.

newtekie1, Jul 31, 2024
Thema:

1. How could i know if my computer is able to use secure boot and how can i open secure boot... - Similar Threads - computer able secure

2. How could i know if my computer is able to use secure boot and how can i open secure boot...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How could i know if my computer is able to use secure boot and how can i open secure boot...: I was having trouble with booting valorant when i try to loging it shows me a error message and it says my pc requires secure boot on once i tried to open it and my pc blackout and i cant use my pc for a while because my computer broke now on these days i really got bored and...
  3. How could i know if my computer is able to use secure boot and how can i open secure boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How could i know if my computer is able to use secure boot and how can i open secure boot...: I was having trouble with booting valorant when i try to loging it shows me a error message and it says my pc requires secure boot on once i tried to open it and my pc blackout and i cant use my pc for a while because my computer broke now on these days i really got bored and...
  4. How can i enable uefi and secure boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i enable uefi and secure boot?: so i wanted to try out windows 11 on my pc and it says it dosent meet the requirements because secure boot isn’t enabled. I tried changing the bios from legacy to ufei but when i pressed save and exit it kept going back to the bios until I switched it back to legacy please...
  5. How can i enable uefi and secure boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i enable uefi and secure boot?: so i wanted to try out windows 11 on my pc and it says it dosent meet the requirements because secure boot isn’t enabled. I tried changing the bios from legacy to ufei but when i pressed save and exit it kept going back to the bios until I switched it back to legacy please...
  6. How can I change the secure boot to enable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the secure boot to enable?: I have an Asus laptop with Windows 11, and secure boot is locked in the "Disabled" position. The following three things appear:Platform Mode: SetupSecure boot: DisabledVendor keys: Not ActiveI can't change the secure boot to "enabled," and I have checked that TPM 2.0 is...
  7. How can I change the secure boot to enable?

How can I change the secure boot to enable?: I have an Asus laptop with Windows 11, and secure boot is locked in the "Disabled" position. The following three things appear:Platform Mode: SetupSecure boot: DisabledVendor keys: Not ActiveI can't change the secure boot to "enabled," and I have checked that TPM 2.0 is...
  8. How will I turn on secure boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How will I turn on secure boot?: I want to turn on secure boot. How can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-will-i-turn-on-secure-boot/5784a650-167d-4a92-8c7d-c5a0806585f0
  9. How will I turn on secure boot?

How will I turn on secure boot?: I want to turn on secure boot. How can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-will-i-turn-on-secure-boot/5784a650-167d-4a92-8c7d-c5a0806585f0
  10. How will I turn on secure boot?

in Windows 10 Customization