Windows 10: How change default sign in email address?

Discus and support How change default sign in email address? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; An incorrect email address due to a typo keeps coming up on Microsoft sign in to account. It can be edited but how do I change the default? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ColinGorman, Jun 1, 2021.

1. How change default sign in email address?

An incorrect email address due to a typo keeps coming up on Microsoft sign in to account. It can be edited but how do I change the default? Thanks.

:)

ColinGorman, Jun 1, 2021

2. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 1, 2021
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jun 1, 2021
  4. How change default sign in email address?

How do I change the email address with which I sign in to Windows 10?

Hi Lester,

Thank you very much for this.

I went through your steps and the acxcount was not listed.

The account (the gmail) was not there, having checked both areas you have suggested. So I could not get to the stage rto allow it....as not shown.

I then tried to change the Win10 login email address but it still says that the email address is aleady in use.

Any more ideas , please?

Many thanks

John

JohnJoannou1, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

How change default sign in email address?

1. How change default sign in email address? - Similar Threads - change default sign

2. Change Default Windows Email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Windows Email address: Hey guys, I've been trying for hours to change my default windows login for my laptop. The only option its giving me is to change which account is an administrator but there doesnt seem to be an option for deleting the default email address and adding a new one. Im not...
  3. Default login email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Default login email address: Hi, I recently created a new email and was wondering if I could switch the default email address while keeping all my data and such. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-login-email-address/d4a53151-c770-4cbc-bc66-31ad689e707d
  4. Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail

Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail: Hello! I have five different email addresses that I check on my Win10 laptop using Microsoft Mail. Mail is defaulting to opening the top one every time I kick off the Mail icon pinned at the bottom. But that's just the last one that I added, not the one I use most. In fact,...
  5. Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail: Hello! I have five different email addresses that I check on my Win10 laptop using Microsoft Mail. Mail is defaulting to opening the top one every time I kick off the Mail icon pinned at the bottom. But that's just the last one that I added, not the one I use most. In fact,...
  6. Change Windows 10 sign-in email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Windows 10 sign-in email address: I have a new email address and soon intend to stop using the email address associated with my Windows account. Can you please give me up-to-date details of how to do this. I know this question has been asked before, but the replies in the locked thread (now 2 years old) are...
  7. How to change email address of administrator

How to change email address of administrator: How do I propose an administrator change of email to my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-email-address-of-administrator/0058d93e-0404-4380-aed6-86c7622eefb2
  8. Default 'send as' email address

in Browsers and Email
    Default 'send as' email address: Staff have their own email address (name@) and 'send as' permissions for another one (info@). Is it possible to set a default send as address so the employees don't accidentally email from their own account when i'd prefer them to use info@ by default? I see when you're...
  9. How To Change Administrator Email Address?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Change Administrator Email Address?: How can I reset email address in Control Panel > User Accounts > Make changes to my account in PC settings ? If you Google this question you will get only instructions only on how to change password. I don't want to change the password, I want to change the email address....
  10. Change sign in account (new email address) ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change sign in account (new email address) ?: I have a new email address so I want my Microsoft sign in to be this email and not my old one. Does anyone know what to do and how to transfer existing purchases to this new email so that signing in to Windows 10 uses my new email as the administrator? 28259