Windows 10: How can I switch the primary account on my pc?

Discus and support How can I switch the primary account on my pc? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I currently have two accounts on my pc. The first account made on this pc is the primary/host one. The person who made that account has gotten a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MYCATWILLNOTEAT, Oct 5, 2024 at 7:32 PM.

1. How can I switch the primary account on my pc?

I currently have two accounts on my pc. The first account made on this pc is the primary/host one. The person who made that account has gotten a new pc, and has gifted me this one. I want their account off my pc. Is there a way I can change the second account to be the primary one and delete the account off my pc?Thanks for the help!I have a Windows 10 Pro

:)

MYCATWILLNOTEAT, Oct 5, 2024 at 7:32 PM
  2. Mr Ister Win User

Question after switching primary MS account

So I recently switched my primary MS account from the email I used originally, to the email I currently use for my Xbox account, so I can link up purchases of media content between my console and PC. I followed the steps laid out in another thread here where I switched to a local account, and then switched back to the email account I wished to use.

One the main account page, it correctly states my email, but when I open the App Store, it still displays my old/original email used. I can't sign out of it or anything, but curiously, when I click on my email in the top right and click 'View Account' it takes me to the Microsoft account for the correct email (new email I used/switched to). Perhaps its just slow, or will update upon a complete reboot, but has this happened to anyone else? Can I make purchases from the App Store and will they tie to my new account or my old one?

3. Windows 10 Upgrade Primary Account - Affiliated with wrong Live Account e-mail

Hi Yoshi,

As per your query, you can sign into Local Account
    and then you can switch back to Microsoft Account. While
    switching back to another account, you can provide the New E-mail Account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps;

• Click on Start Icon.

• Select Settings from the menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Select the option Sign in with a
      Local Account Instead

• Once you are logged in to the Local Account,
      repeat step 1 to step 3.

• Now, select the option Sign in with a Microsoft Account Instead.

(In this method you can provide your new account)
    Note: The above steps will help you to switch to users, which will act as primary account, but it will not synchronize your personal settings. The default settings will be set to
    the user account.

Hope the given information is helpful. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy assist.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Oct 5, 2024 at 7:35 PM
  4. How can I switch the primary account on my pc?

Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 5, 2024 at 7:35 PM
Thema:

How can I switch the primary account on my pc?

1. How can I switch the primary account on my pc? - Similar Threads - switch primary account

2. How can I switch the primary account on my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I switch the primary account on my pc?: I currently have two accounts on my pc. The first account made on this pc is the primary/host one. The person who made that account has gotten a new pc, and has gifted me this one. I want their account off my pc. Is there a way I can change the second account to be the...
  3. How can I switch the primary account on my pc?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I switch the primary account on my pc?: I currently have two accounts on my pc. The first account made on this pc is the primary/host one. The person who made that account has gotten a new pc, and has gifted me this one. I want their account off my pc. Is there a way I can change the second account to be the...
  4. How can I change my primary account on windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my primary account on windows?: I would like to change my primary account on my windows 10 PC as I recently got hacked out of it and I would just like to change the primary account so i don't get this message:"Microsoft AccountYou need to fix your Microsoft account for apps on your other devices to able to...
  5. How can I change my primary account on windows?

How can I change my primary account on windows?: I would like to change my primary account on my windows 10 PC as I recently got hacked out of it and I would just like to change the primary account so i don't get this message:"Microsoft AccountYou need to fix your Microsoft account for apps on your other devices to able to...
  6. How can I change my primary account on windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. how do i switch primary account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i switch primary account: windows 11 how do i switch primary account email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-primary-account/80458a02-c34e-4cea-958e-de494e6f0fc9
  8. how do i switch primary account

how do i switch primary account: windows 11 how do i switch primary account email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-primary-account/80458a02-c34e-4cea-958e-de494e6f0fc9
  9. How can I switch my Account pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I switch my Account pin?: Hello i've been trying to log in to an application on my Windows Device Windows 11 The account I'm trying to log into the application isn't Registered to my Windows device. When trying to switch accounts It tells me to put in my info as normal but then it asks me for a pin,...
  10. Switching Primary Accounts on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching Primary Accounts on Desktop: Hi there, My desktop is currently linked to my ex's account. I had bought him the desktop and we shared it while we were together, but his account is the primary one. Unfortunately, this means that I can't make many changes and my account is additional. I can't even change...