Windows 10: How can I see variable from or part of a software window on taskbar or floating counter...

Discus and support How can I see variable from or part of a software window on taskbar or floating counter... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to know how to display a variable or a part of a software window on the taskbar or as a floating counter like FPS counter. For example, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lakshya Saini, Aug 8, 2023.

1. How can I see variable from or part of a software window on taskbar or floating counter...

I would like to know how to display a variable or a part of a software window on the taskbar or as a floating counter like FPS counter. For example, I use Voicemeeter to control the audio output levels, and I want to see the virtual output dB level on the screen at all times, similar to how FPS metrics

:)

Lakshya Saini, Aug 8, 2023
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 8, 2023
  4. How can I see variable from or part of a software window on taskbar or floating counter...

PEOPLE app is disappeared from the Taskbar and how to get it back on the Taskbar?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Repin the People app to the Taskbar and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type People in the search bar.
    • Right click on the People and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 8, 2023
Thema:

How can I see variable from or part of a software window on taskbar or floating counter...

1. How can I see variable from or part of a software window on taskbar or floating counter... - Similar Threads - variable part software

2. How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?: How can I activate the second counter in taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-the-second-counter-in-taskbar/1f5fe5fc-38b2-47d7-999b-7750df838da4
  3. How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?: How can I activate the second counter in taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-the-second-counter-in-taskbar/1f5fe5fc-38b2-47d7-999b-7750df838da4
  4. How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Software for creating float charts?

Software for creating float charts?: Are there special softwares for making float charts, or does any common software do it?
  6. 'Floating' Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Floating' Taskbar: Win11 23H2 MAY be coming with a 'floating' taskbar somewhat like what is seen below. In this case, the Sys Tray can be seen by hovering at its location bottom-right corner.Cheers,Drew...
  7. 'Floating' Taskbar

'Floating' Taskbar: Win11 23H2 MAY be coming with a 'floating' taskbar somewhat like what is seen below. In this case, the Sys Tray can be seen by hovering at its location bottom-right corner.Cheers,Drew...
  8. How can I see variable from or part of a software window on taskbar or floating counter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I see variable from or part of a software window on taskbar or floating counter...: I would like to know how to display a variable or a part of a software window on the taskbar or as a floating counter like FPS counter. For example, I use Voicemeeter to control the audio output levels, and I want to see the virtual output dB level on the screen at all times,...
  9. Are Desktop and time counters removed from taskbar on Windows 11?

Are Desktop and time counters removed from taskbar on Windows 11?: I recently upgraded to Windows 11, and I found some simple things are missing. However they were so simple but I found them so useful in Windows 10!!! This can be a question or even a discussion but it seems there is no solution as Microsoft removed these simple things!1 -...
  10. taskbar floating

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar floating: Why my taskbar looks like floating? Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-floating/f1d00215-3150-4741-8ba9-b3a66b5d3fb3