Windows 10: How can I reset my pin while I can't log into Microsoft?

Discus and support How can I reset my pin while I can't log into Microsoft? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I'm logged into someone else's PC, and am trying to log into apps that use Microsoft for logins, and it asks me for my Windows Hello PIN, which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lucas Edwards1, Jan 17, 2024.

1. How can I reset my pin while I can't log into Microsoft?

Hi,I'm logged into someone else's PC, and am trying to log into apps that use Microsoft for logins, and it asks me for my Windows Hello PIN, which I don't even remember setting up, nevermind the PIN itself.Is there any way to reset it through a browser or other means?Thanks.

:)

Lucas Edwards1, Jan 17, 2024

2. How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      How can I reset my pin while I can't log into Microsoft? [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 18, 2024
  3. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Jan 18, 2024
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

How can I reset my pin while I can't log into Microsoft?

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jan 18, 2024
Thema:

How can I reset my pin while I can't log into Microsoft?

1. How can I reset my pin while I can't log into Microsoft? - Similar Threads - reset pin while

2. I can't reset my pin!?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't reset my pin!?: When I try to login I get a msg "your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again." Under that it says "set up my PIN". When I click on that it takes me to a screen that says I have to be connected to the...
  3. How can I reset my pin while I can't log into Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reset my pin while I can't log into Microsoft?: Hi,I'm logged into someone else's PC, and am trying to log into apps that use Microsoft for logins, and it asks me for my Windows Hello PIN, which I don't even remember setting up, nevermind the PIN itself.Is there any way to reset it through a browser or other means?Thanks....
  4. How can I reset my pin while I can't log into Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I reset my pin while I can't log into Microsoft?: Hi,I'm logged into someone else's PC, and am trying to log into apps that use Microsoft for logins, and it asks me for my Windows Hello PIN, which I don't even remember setting up, nevermind the PIN itself.Is there any way to reset it through a browser or other means?Thanks....
  5. I can't reset my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reset my pin: I'm having the absolute worst time with this completely unnecessary security system that you have in place. I am trying to access my game pass and even though I login just fine with my email and password it's also mandatory that I add a pin number which I have no idea a why...
  6. I can't log in with my PIN and the system will NOT let me reset it, how do I log into my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log in with my PIN and the system will NOT let me reset it, how do I log into my...: When I try to log into my laptop with my PIN it does not work and it won't let me reset my PIN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-in-with-my-pin-and-the-system-will-not/540f8a93-5fa0-4ee2-9ea6-1cb3938664ea
  7. I can't log in with my PIN and the system will NOT let me reset it, how do I log into my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log in with my PIN and the system will NOT let me reset it, how do I log into my...: When I try to log into my laptop with my PIN it does not work and it won't let me reset my PIN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-in-with-my-pin-and-the-system-will-not/540f8a93-5fa0-4ee2-9ea6-1cb3938664ea
  8. I can't reset my PIN

I can't reset my PIN: I was trying to log into one of my microsoft accounts and it asked for my PIN, I hadn't used this account in a long time and I had no clue what it was. I clicked "I forgot my PIN" and it tells me how to reset it, it says to go into settings > accounts > Sign-in options. I...
  9. How can I reset a pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reset a pin?: I followed the rules and try to reset the pin in setting section. But when I do this, it requires me to login and input a pin to proceed. This becomes a loop and is blocking me from setting my Office suite. What can I do?...
  10. How can I reset a pin?

How can I reset a pin?: I followed the rules and try to reset the pin in setting section. But when I do this, it requires me to login and input a pin to proceed. This becomes a loop and is blocking me from setting my Office suite. What can I do?...