Windows 10: How can I remove the "\\?\" prefix from a file path?

Discus and support How can I remove the "\\?\" prefix from a file path? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/its-julian [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/its-julian, Feb 15, 2021.

1. How can I remove the "\\?\" prefix from a file path?

/u/its-julian, Feb 15, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Feb 15, 2021
  4. How can I remove the "\\?\" prefix from a file path?

Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

How can I remove the "\\?\" prefix from a file path?

1. How can I remove the "\\?\" prefix from a file path? - Similar Threads - remove prefix file

2. How can I remove apps from Startup that don't have a file path anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove apps from Startup that don't have a file path anymore?: I have these two apps listed on my startup apps page and I can't figure out how to remove them. My laptop is having issues at start up where it takes forever to load or needs to be hard reset. I'm wondering if these are causing the problem?...
  3. How can I remove apps from Startup that don't have a file path anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove apps from Startup that don't have a file path anymore?: I have these two apps listed on my startup apps page and I can't figure out how to remove them. My laptop is having issues at start up where it takes forever to load or needs to be hard reset. I'm wondering if these are causing the problem?...
  4. How can I remove security from all files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove security from all files?: I have multiple external USB HDs which have backups of old Windows machines. Some of those folders contain backups as well.Now that I have a huge multi terabyte HD, am trying to copy everything from the smaller USB HDs to this one, each within their own folders. I'll clean it...
  5. How can I remove security from all files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove security from all files?: I have multiple external USB HDs which have backups of old Windows machines. Some of those folders contain backups as well.Now that I have a huge multi terabyte HD, am trying to copy everything from the smaller USB HDs to this one, each within their own folders. I'll clean it...
  6. How can I remove security from all files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How To Remove Python From Path?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Remove Python From Path?: Hello,I want to remove python from path, I already uninstalled python from control panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-python-from-path/727a29e4-ff66-499f-b282-50b631958cb8
  8. Is there a way to remove $env prefix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remove $env prefix?: I installed the Spin model checker and set up its path in system environment variables. I want to be able to type just "spin -run ..." and not "& $env:spin -run ...". Is there a way to either remove the "& $env:" to run the model checker or to set it up in a different way so...
  9. How to remove OneDrive from file paths

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove OneDrive from file paths: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/remons_00 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6fgba/how_to_remove_onedrive_from_file_paths/
  10. How to remove OneDrive from file explorer path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove OneDrive from file explorer path: I want to set up a folder to scan documents into and OneDrive keeps defaulting into my path. I do not want OneDrive in my path/ file destination.Please help. Thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove mount prefix from windows path