Windows 10: How Can I Recover My BitLocker Recovery Key to Access My PC?

Discus and support How Can I Recover My BitLocker Recovery Key to Access My PC? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I'm facing an issue where my PC is asking for the BitLocker recovery key, but I cannot locate it. Unfortunately, I am unable to access my device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ERTY FJK, Oct 18, 2024 at 2:02 PM.

1. ERTY FJK Win User

How Can I Recover My BitLocker Recovery Key to Access My PC?

Hello,I'm facing an issue where my PC is asking for the BitLocker recovery key, but I cannot locate it. Unfortunately, I am unable to access my device without it.To add to the problem, my Microsoft account has only been active for about a month due to an informational update, so I’m not sure if the recovery key was saved properly during that process. I've tried checking my Microsoft account and other locations, but no luck so far.Does anyone have suggestions or steps I can follow to recover the key and regain access to my PC?Any help would be greatly appreciated!Thanks in advance!Erty

:)

2. PC prompting for Bitlocker recovery key, cannot find the recovery key

Hello Leckbir,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on the PC?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?

This issue can be caused if a BIOS/firmware update has been pushed to your PC either through Windows Updates or any other OEM media update.

If you have set up the Bitlocker on your PC, I suggest you to look for the recovery key on your Microsoft account. Also, you can refer the article

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 18, 2024 at 2:05 PM
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hello,

To help you with your concern, may we confirm if what changes did you make to your computer before you experience the issue?

For the meantime, we suggest recovering your wife's account first through the steps provided on this
    link. After recovering her account, check if you have an email there for the Bitlocker Recovery Key.

Let us know the result.

4. sandy-san Win User

Not able to access Bitlocker Recovery Key

Forgot my Bitlocker password for F drive.

Not able to access recovery key. Couldn't locate the text file. Also not in Microsoft Account.

Tried running this code in Command Prompt :

<manage-bde -protectors F: -get >

But it showed 32-digit "Password ID" and "Numerical password ID". Not able to recover the 48 digit recovery key. Is there any possible way to access my bitlocker recovery key.

Thema:

1. How Can I Recover My BitLocker Recovery Key to Access My PC? - Similar Threads - Recover BitLocker Recovery

2. How Can I Recover My BitLocker Recovery Key to Access My PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Recover My BitLocker Recovery Key to Access My PC?: Hello,I'm facing an issue where my PC is asking for the BitLocker recovery key, but I cannot locate it. Unfortunately, I am unable to access my device without it.To add to the problem, my Microsoft account has only been active for about a month due to an informational update,...
  3. I cannot recover my bitlock recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot recover my bitlock recovery key: I am stuck in a automatic repair loop. I think I got out of it, but half the options both in and out require a bit lock recovery key for the device. Problem: I do not have it anywhere. It is not even in my Microsoft account. As of now, I cannot access the computer, which...
  4. I cannot recover my bitlock recovery key

I cannot recover my bitlock recovery key: I am stuck in a automatic repair loop. I think I got out of it, but half the options both in and out require a bit lock recovery key for the device. Problem: I do not have it anywhere. It is not even in my Microsoft account. As of now, I cannot access the computer, which...
  5. I can't recover my bitlocker recovery key?

I can't recover my bitlocker recovery key?: Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If the issue still persists. I keep getting this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-recover-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/a5b282c0-1991-480b-aa75-235aa05d2de9
  6. I can't recover my bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't recover my bitlocker recovery key?: Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If the issue still persists. I keep getting this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-recover-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/a5b282c0-1991-480b-aa75-235aa05d2de9
  7. how can i access the bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i access the bitlocker recovery key: i tried everything but it always lead me to a webpage that is not working and i really need that recovery asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-access-the-bitlocker-recovery-key/af11e241-3717-4358-a82c-75cac560a76a
  8. how can i access the bitlocker recovery key

how can i access the bitlocker recovery key: i tried everything but it always lead me to a webpage that is not working and i really need that recovery asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-access-the-bitlocker-recovery-key/af11e241-3717-4358-a82c-75cac560a76a
  9. how can i access the bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do I access my BitLocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access my BitLocker recovery key?: When I go to devices and then go to BitLocker recovery key, it says try a different URL, and I'm then unable to get the key. My laptop which has alot of precious save files cannot be opened at all without it and I am in dire need....