Windows 10: How can I merge my Disk C 500GB ssd from its two 250GB partitions one for windows and the...

Discus and support How can I merge my Disk C 500GB ssd from its two 250GB partitions one for windows and the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to merge two partitions of my disk C, it is 500GB and is divided in halve, one for windows installation and the other one for backup. I don’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pakka5215, Nov 18, 2023.

1. Pakka5215 Win User

How can I merge my Disk C 500GB ssd from its two 250GB partitions one for windows and the...

I want to merge two partitions of my disk C, it is 500GB and is divided in halve, one for windows installation and the other one for backup. I don’t want the backup and would use more space in C. Is there a way to did that without resin taking windows with a flash drive or erasing everything on C?

:)

Pakka5215, Nov 18, 2023

2. Merge Unallocated partition with New Volume on same disk windows 10 pro

I am unable to merge the unallocated partition with New Volume on same disk on windows10 pro.

when i right click on the new volume, the extend partition is gray out.

i tried everything but still have no option to merge both partition on the same disk.

see photo below.

disk (C): Samsung SSD 500GB (windows 10 pro)

New Volume: seagate 4TB ( need to merge both partition)

How can I merge my Disk C 500GB ssd from its two 250GB partitions one for windows and the... d7fa88f5-7001-459e-961c-ba3ea8ef1f9f?upload=true.png

GTAComputertech, Nov 18, 2023
  3. arena2 Win User
    MERGING C WITH OTHER PARTITION(2 OSs)

ok

but If I delete C(win xp) then merge, will it boot with win 7??

arena2, Nov 18, 2023
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How can I merge my Disk C 500GB ssd from its two 250GB partitions one for windows and the...

My SSD partitions are in two separate disks, I need help merging them.

Hi Coolbard,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

You have 3 physical drives on your PC a 250GB, a 500GB drive and a 1TB drive, they are all separate.

Your C drive is on the small SSD, that is a physically separate drive to the other two drives in you PC and you cannot extend a partition into a space on another drive, it will not be possible to extend your C drive, you can only extend into a partition on the same physical drive.

Another problem you have is at doe point Windows was on the middle drive an then moved to that bottom C drive and the boot partition and the recovery partition is still on the middle drive.

DaveM121, Nov 18, 2023
Thema:

1. How can I merge my Disk C 500GB ssd from its two 250GB partitions one for windows and the... - Similar Threads - merge Disk 500GB

2. How to merge one partition or allocated space from one Disk to another Disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to merge one partition or allocated space from one Disk to another Disk?: Hello,I have two hard drives, one SSD and other HDD which means two disks. I wanted to know if it's possible to move a partition from Disk 1 to Disk 0 to extend a partition in Disk 0 and how to do it if it's possible....
  3. How can I merge my Disk C 500GB ssd from its two 250GB partitions one for windows and the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I merge my Disk C 500GB ssd from its two 250GB partitions one for windows and the...: I want to merge two partitions of my disk C, it is 500GB and is divided in halve, one for windows installation and the other one for backup. I don’t want the backup and would use more space in C. Is there a way to did that without resin taking windows with a flash drive or...
  4. My SSD partitions are in two separate disks, I need help merging them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SSD partitions are in two separate disks, I need help merging them.: I wanted to assign more space to my C drive which is in Disk 2 but apparently, the rest of the SSD drive's unallocated space is in Disk 0. I've tried a few methods but with no success. Is there any possible way I could achieve this?...
  5. My SSD partitions are in two separate disks, I need help merging them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My SSD partitions are in two separate disks, I need help merging them.: I wanted to assign more space to my C drive which is in Disk 2 but apparently, the rest of the SSD drive's unallocated space is in Disk 0. I've tried a few methods but with no success. Is there any possible way I could achieve this?...
  6. Merging two Unallocated partitions into one Windows 10 on Basic Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging two Unallocated partitions into one Windows 10 on Basic Disk: Hello, I'm trying to merge these two unallocated partitions into one. I can't do it with partition manager. Is this something that requires a 3rd party utility? This is on a Basic disk/SSD. I downloaded EaseUS and it can easily do this but it wants $50 to do this! I bought...
  7. Merging two Unallocated partitions into one Windows 10 on Basic Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging two Unallocated partitions into one Windows 10 on Basic Disk: Hello, I'm trying to merge these two unallocated partitions into one. I can't do it with partition manager. Is this something that requires a 3rd party utility? This is on a Basic disk/SSD. I downloaded EaseUS and it can easily do this but it wants $50 to do this! I bought...
  8. How can I merge two partitions from an external SSD ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I merge two partitions from an external SSD ?: I have a 4tb external SSD which has two default 2tb partitions Can I merge the two together Ive gone into disk management shrunk first one partition them tried deleting it all together. The. I tried to extend the other or merge but I do not have a merge option and the...
  9. From 250GB SSD to 500GB SSD (internal) How to transfer data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From 250GB SSD to 500GB SSD (internal) How to transfer data?: First, if this is not in the correct place, will a moderator please move it, and let me know. Windows 10 version 1909 see profile for system specs I currently have a 250GB SAMSUNG SSD M.2 970 EVO NVMe PC|-Express 3.0 x4 installed, and have purchased this: Samsung...
  10. How to merge two partitions into one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to merge two partitions into one?: I have recently upgraded to the Windows 10 anniversary version. I would like to extend my C: drive by merging the F: drive into it. Attached is the photo of my hard drive. How do I go about merging F: drive into c: drive? I would like to use Windows 10 disk management...