Windows 10: How can I make my device fingerprint to work?

Discus and support How can I make my device fingerprint to work? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, My device fingerprint is not working, but it does have a fingerprint scanner. I have tried downloading the driver, but it's still not working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ayomiposi_ay, Jun 7, 2024.

1. How can I make my device fingerprint to work?

Hello, My device fingerprint is not working, but it does have a fingerprint scanner. I have tried downloading the driver, but it's still not working. What I noticed is that the biometric driver in my device manager is missing. I use an ELitebook 745 G6 with Processor AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 3500U . Please, is there a solution to this?

:)

Ayomiposi_ay, Jun 7, 2024

2. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Jun 7, 2024
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the fingerprint feature does not work on Window10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the finger print driver and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

• Delete the fingerprints you already registered.

• Press Windows Key + R Key.

• Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.

• Uninstall the current driver
      the current diver under "Biometric devices".

• You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 7, 2024
  4. How can I make my device fingerprint to work?

Fingerprint reader doesn't work when configuring Windows Hello after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jun 7, 2024
Thema:

How can I make my device fingerprint to work?

1. How can I make my device fingerprint to work? - Similar Threads - device fingerprint

2. Is it just me, or the fingerprint doesn't wanna show up in device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it just me, or the fingerprint doesn't wanna show up in device manager?: Hello.First of all, I wanna apologize for what I've done.2nd, so after 2 years of using my laptop, I realized that there is a fingerprint reader integrated with the power button!Now what's even more funny, is that even when I got my laptop, the fingerprint sensor was not...
  3. Is it just me, or the fingerprint doesn't wanna show up in device manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it just me, or the fingerprint doesn't wanna show up in device manager?: Hello.First of all, I wanna apologize for what I've done.2nd, so after 2 years of using my laptop, I realized that there is a fingerprint reader integrated with the power button!Now what's even more funny, is that even when I got my laptop, the fingerprint sensor was not...
  4. How can I make my device fingerprint to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make my device fingerprint to work?: Hello, My device fingerprint is not working, but it does have a fingerprint scanner. I have tried downloading the driver, but it's still not working. What I noticed is that the biometric driver in my device manager is missing. I use an ELitebook 745 G6 with Processor AMD...
  5. Secugen HU20-AP fingerprint device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secugen HU20-AP fingerprint device: Dear Sir/Mam I bought and installed HU20-AP on my windows 10 PC, It worked fine but after i updated my PC for .NET recently , after that im not able to use it , i reinstalled the drivers but error still persists,Im getting error "port Bind error to port 5381224" when i...
  6. Secugen HU20-AP fingerprint device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secugen HU20-AP fingerprint device: Dear Sir/Mam I bought and installed HU20-AP on my windows 10 PC, It worked fine but after i updated my PC for .NET recently , after that im not able to use it , i reinstalled the drivers but error still persists,Im getting error "port Bind error to port 5381224" when i...
  7. Secugen HU20-AP fingerprint device

8. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  9. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  10. Microsoft Windows Kernel PnP - Event ID 411 Error on ELAN WBF FIngerprint Device

Microsoft Windows Kernel PnP - Event ID 411 Error on ELAN WBF FIngerprint Device: After clean my ubuntu dualboot, i cant use my fingerprint scanner. but on setting theres no notif that show theres an error on the device. And then when i check on event viewer this what i gotLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source:...