Windows 10: How can I locate a file or folder which name is in Chinese characters?

Discus and support How can I locate a file or folder which name is in Chinese characters? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like to locate a file quickly by hitting a key on keyboard. It works on the files which name is in English characters but doesn't work on those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JingyuMa, Dec 8, 2021.

1. JingyuMa Win User

How can I locate a file or folder which name is in Chinese characters?

I would like to locate a file quickly by hitting a key on keyboard. It works on the files which name is in English characters but doesn't work on those files named in Chinese characters.I would appreciate if someone could help me on this.

:)

JingyuMa, Dec 8, 2021

2. Chinese characters file and folder names cannot be displayed in windows 10 file explorer

The issue is with displaying MS office file names in Chinese (and folder names too) when I search for files using File Explorer, but the Chinese characters are displayed properly within the file once the files are opened. I tried searching for solutions
    including downloading windows Chinese character pack updates then rebooting, but none worked so far, can anyone please help?

Thanks!

Paul_Sun_Aus, Dec 8, 2021
  3. LaraRP Win User
    Chinese Character in Names of Zipped Files

Hi,

I'm a translator and get sent a lot of files containing Chinese characters in the file name. If these files are sent to me in a zip folder, the file names get all messed up, e.g. "╩╘╥δ─┌╚▌--┼⌐╙ε└½.doc", after unzipping. Is there some way to stop this from
    happening? Do I need to update the language settings on my device perhaps?

In addition, I cannot seem to zip files that contain Chinese characters. Again, given my job this is quite frustrating as I have to use a service like WeTransfer instead of simply zipping files to email to clients. Is this something I can fix?

Many thanks!

LaraRP, Dec 8, 2021
  4. How can I locate a file or folder which name is in Chinese characters?

Chinese characters file and folder names cannot be displayed in windows 10 file explorer

Hi Paul,

I have similar problem. In my case I can see characters in applications and texts. But some reason I have some files names and folders name with strange characters, and Chinese characters are not showing properly... Have you solved you problem since then?

Manuel J Rodríguez, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

How can I locate a file or folder which name is in Chinese characters?

1. How can I locate a file or folder which name is in Chinese characters? - Similar Threads - locate file folder

2. I have unacceptable characters in the file or folder name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have unacceptable characters in the file or folder name: I want to create a zip folder but I can't because the computer says I have unacceptable characters in the file or folder name. It names the first file, I fix it, then it names the second file, I fix it and it names... You get the idea.Is there any way to find all the files at...
  3. I have unacceptable characters in the file or folder name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have unacceptable characters in the file or folder name: I want to create a zip folder but I can't because the computer says I have unacceptable characters in the file or folder name. It names the first file, I fix it, then it names the second file, I fix it and it names... You get the idea.Is there any way to find all the files at...
  4. How can I locate a file or folder which name is in Chinese characters?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I locate a file or folder which name is in Chinese characters?: I would like to locate a file quickly by hitting a key on keyboard. It works on the files which name is in English characters but doesn't work on those files named in Chinese characters.I would appreciate if someone could help me on this....
  5. How can i see chinese characters in a text file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i see chinese characters in a text file?: Just as the title says. Im wondering how to view them in a text file. They appear as "??"Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-see-chinese-characters-in-a-text-file/1a32d755-b705-47ce-985b-6fb0050f7485
  6. File name doesn't match these Chinese characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File name doesn't match these Chinese characters: I tried to open the file that contains an mp3 with the words in it. When I open this music file into the Groove Music app, it doesn't actually show Chinese characters. It also happens in Windows Media Player. When I tried to play a music file using Microsoft Edge, it shows...
  7. File manger search chinese name can not input chinese

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File manger search chinese name can not input chinese: as title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-manger-search-chinese-name-can-not-input/0d2fbf98-0254-4071-822f-7beadae1cd37
  8. Chinese Character in Names of Zipped Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chinese Character in Names of Zipped Files: Hi, I'm a translator and get sent a lot of files containing Chinese characters in the file name. If these files are sent to me in a zip folder, the file names get all messed up, e.g. "δ--⌐ε½.doc", after unzipping. Is there some way to stop this from happening? Do I need to...
  9. Chinese character

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese character: Hi, i can using Chinese character anywhere (i.e. browser, excel, words), but can't rename file/folder in Chinese. When i type, only English characters are appeared. [ATTACH][ATTACH] i am using windows 10 professional. pls advise.. Thanks...
  10. Chinese Characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Characters: Good day, all - While running MSERT, I notice what appear to be Chinese characters in the strings of letters and numbers. Does this mean my computer has been hacked? If so, how do I remove the hack?...