Windows 10: How can I get the old version of Microsoft Photo Windows11

Discus and support How can I get the old version of Microsoft Photo Windows11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiI would like to know the difference between Microsoft Photo Version 2022.31100.24013.0 and 2023.11010.17009.0.Its because, I would like to know there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hanako.F, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Hanako.F Win User

How can I get the old version of Microsoft Photo Windows11

HiI would like to know the difference between Microsoft Photo Version 2022.31100.24013.0 and 2023.11010.17009.0.Its because, I would like to know there was the edit function for photo in 2022.31100.24013.0 or not.I just want to know ,When was the edit functions gone and came back.thanks

:)

Hanako.F, Mar 27, 2023

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 27, 2023
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How can I get the old version of Microsoft Photo Windows11 :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 27, 2023
  4. How can I get the old version of Microsoft Photo Windows11

Issues with Microsoft photo editor

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your computer recently?
    3. What exactly happen when you try to use the Photo editor?
    4. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

I understand you are facing issues with Photo editor application, if you are using the Photo editor app which is downloaded from Microsoft Store, I suggest you to refer the following article and try few troubleshooting
    steps to fix issues with Photo editor
    and check if that helps.

Microsoft has replaced Photo Editor with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, a new photo editing and cataloging program in Office 2010, in Office 2007, and in Office 2003.

If the application has been removed from your PC, when you install Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007, or Microsoft Office 2003, I suggest you to refer the following article to reinstall

Photo Editor
    and check if that helps.

Reply back with the information, to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

How can I get the old version of Microsoft Photo Windows11

1. How can I get the old version of Microsoft Photo Windows11 - Similar Threads - old version Microsoft

2. How can I get the old version of Paint app in my Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get the old version of Paint app in my Windows.: I am using the old version of Paint app for Pixel art and the features to do that is not available on the new version. * Moved from Community Center...
  3. How can I get the old version of Paint app in my Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get the old version of Paint app in my Windows.: I am using the old version of Paint app for Pixel art and the features to do that is not available on the new version. * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Microsoft photo app how does i got back to the old version..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photo app how does i got back to the old version..: Microsoft photo apphow do i got back to the old version the way it was like mouth ago or is there a way fix it so the once you crop image is saves and copy's it without you having to change the name and it stay in the origin folder...
  5. Microsoft photo app how does i got back to the old version..

Microsoft photo app how does i got back to the old version..: Microsoft photo apphow do i got back to the old version the way it was like mouth ago or is there a way fix it so the once you crop image is saves and copy's it without you having to change the name and it stay in the origin folder...
  6. How can I revert my version of Microsoft Photos to the old version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I revert my version of Microsoft Photos to the old version?: I've just had my Microsoft Photos app updated and it now doesn't edit photos properly. The "Enhance your photo" function, which was useful for sharpening and brightening photos, now results in very odd and unusable pictures, and the 'Clarity' function is missing.How can I...
  7. How can I revert my version of Microsoft Photos to the old version?

How can I revert my version of Microsoft Photos to the old version?: I've just had my Microsoft Photos app updated and it now doesn't edit photos properly. The "Enhance your photo" function, which was useful for sharpening and brightening photos, now results in very odd and unusable pictures, and the 'Clarity' function is missing.How can I...
  8. How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?: Some basic and expected functionality is missing from the current release of the Photos app for Windows 11. I would like it back. I've tried various online tutorials that suggest everything from significant edits to the registry to downloading the apparently now non-existent...
  9. How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?

How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?: Some basic and expected functionality is missing from the current release of the Photos app for Windows 11. I would like it back. I've tried various online tutorials that suggest everything from significant edits to the registry to downloading the apparently now non-existent...
  10. How can I get the old version of Microsoft Photo Windows11

How can I get the old version of Microsoft Photo Windows11: HiI would like to know the difference between Microsoft Photo Version 2022.31100.24013.0 and 2023.11010.17009.0.Its because, I would like to know there was the edit function for photo in 2022.31100.24013.0 or not.I just want to know ,When was the edit functions gone and came...