Windows 10: How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?

Discus and support How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Some basic and expected functionality is missing from the current release of the Photos app for Windows 11. I would like it back. I've tried various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Erich Walrath, Aug 2, 2023.

1. How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?

Some basic and expected functionality is missing from the current release of the Photos app for Windows 11. I would like it back. I've tried various online tutorials that suggest everything from significant edits to the registry to downloading the apparently now non-existent app from the MS Store. Thoughts? Perhaps a step by step set of instructions?

:)

Erich Walrath, Aug 2, 2023

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 2, 2023
  3. Microsoft Phot App

Hi PaBluOz,

Since the language on your PC is already set to Australian English, then I suggest that you reset your Microsoft Photos app. Note that the app's data will be deleted once you reset it.

To reset the Photos app, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Locate and select Photos from the list of apps.
    3. Click Advanced options, then click Reset.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 2, 2023
  4. How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?

windows photo app.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.
    • Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following command.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.

After uninstalling the Photo app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Mail app from the following link.

Get Microsoft Photos from the Microsoft Store

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 2, 2023
Thema:

How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?

1. How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo Legacy

2. Photo apps legacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo apps legacy: Split from this thread. Hi again Chandy, just a thought! I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I liked "Photo Legacy" better than the new "Photo app". I just wondered if I removed the new Photo app using PowerShell would saved Camera video's go back to Camera roll ? My brain...
  3. Photo apps legacy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo apps legacy: Split from this thread. Hi again Chandy, just a thought! I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I liked "Photo Legacy" better than the new "Photo app". I just wondered if I removed the new Photo app using PowerShell would saved Camera video's go back to Camera roll ? My brain...
  4. How do I get the Photos app to stop overriding Photos Legacy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the Photos app to stop overriding Photos Legacy?: I'm using Win10. A few days ago I opened my Photos app now called Photos Legacy, to find that the new app had taken over what I had, with not warning. I dislike the new app intensely -- way too complicated for editing photos from a phone. I can't even sharpen an image. So I...
  5. How do I get the Photos app to stop overriding Photos Legacy?

How do I get the Photos app to stop overriding Photos Legacy?: I'm using Win10. A few days ago I opened my Photos app now called Photos Legacy, to find that the new app had taken over what I had, with not warning. I dislike the new app intensely -- way too complicated for editing photos from a phone. I can't even sharpen an image. So I...
  6. Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app: Seeing that there no longer a "People" section to the Photo App, I was told to download and use the Photo Legacy app. The Legacy app does have the people function. Sometimes I like to change the pictures that display on the live tile and I could change them manually at...
  7. Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app

Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app: Seeing that there no longer a "People" section to the Photo App, I was told to download and use the Photo Legacy app. The Legacy app does have the people function. Sometimes I like to change the pictures that display on the live tile and I could change them manually at...
  8. How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?

How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?: Some basic and expected functionality is missing from the current release of the Photos app for Windows 11. I would like it back. I've tried various online tutorials that suggest everything from significant edits to the registry to downloading the apparently now non-existent...
  9. how to get Photos Legacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get Photos Legacy: how to get Photos Legacy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-photos-legacy/b8e5c3de-d3d6-4d39-a581-ccea790a69dc
  10. how to get Photos Legacy

how to get Photos Legacy: how to get Photos Legacy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-photos-legacy/b8e5c3de-d3d6-4d39-a581-ccea790a69dc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com