Windows 10: How can i get my bitlocker recovery key if it is not associated to my MS account?

Discus and support How can i get my bitlocker recovery key if it is not associated to my MS account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an issue with my surface laptop the bitlocker is enabled however it is not associated with my MS IDThis is the account which i use since 2020... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aysha Radwan, Jul 20, 2024.

1. How can i get my bitlocker recovery key if it is not associated to my MS account?

I have an issue with my surface laptop the bitlocker is enabled however it is not associated with my MS IDThis is the account which i use since 2020

:)

Aysha Radwan, Jul 20, 2024

2. Bitlocker key ID does not match the Recovery Key given by MS for recovery

Bitlocker locked me out of my computer at start-up this morning. I went through the process of asking for a Recovery key through my MS account, but that key given me failed to unlock the computer. I notice that the Key ID associated with the Recovery
    Key from MS is different from what my BitLocker screen says it should be. Any ideas how to proceed? Thanks.

Ronald MacLurg, Jul 20, 2024
  3. Tony_366 Win User
    Find account that Bitlocker is associated with

Being requested to enter Bitlocker Key, but when i enter the MS account info there is no bitlocker key associated with this. How can i find which account that the bitlocker key is associated with ? Thanks !

Tony_366, Jul 20, 2024
  4. How can i get my bitlocker recovery key if it is not associated to my MS account?

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 20, 2024
Thema:

How can i get my bitlocker recovery key if it is not associated to my MS account?

1. How can i get my bitlocker recovery key if it is not associated to my MS account? - Similar Threads - bitlocker recovery key

2. How can i get my bitlocker recovery key if it is not associated to my MS account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i get my bitlocker recovery key if it is not associated to my MS account?: I have an issue with my surface laptop the bitlocker is enabled however it is not associated with my MS IDThis is the account which i use since 2020...
  3. How can i get my bitlocker recovery key if it is not associated to my MS account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i get my bitlocker recovery key if it is not associated to my MS account?: I have an issue with my surface laptop the bitlocker is enabled however it is not associated with my MS IDThis is the account which i use since 2020...
  4. How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key: My daughter's very old ThinkPad died likely a motherboard issue, and so I bought her a new one. The old PC won't start at all, so I removed the NVMe drive and popped it into an enclosure so that we could recover her files.Unfortunately, it is asking for a Microsoft Bitlocker...
  5. How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key

How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key: My daughter's very old ThinkPad died likely a motherboard issue, and so I bought her a new one. The old PC won't start at all, so I removed the NVMe drive and popped it into an enclosure so that we could recover her files.Unfortunately, it is asking for a Microsoft Bitlocker...
  6. How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Can not get my BitLocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not get my BitLocker recovery key: When going to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey to get the BitLocker recovery keys of my device, I get an error saying:"Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page may help, or try again in a little while. TraceId:...
  8. Can not get my BitLocker recovery key

Can not get my BitLocker recovery key: When going to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey to get the BitLocker recovery keys of my device, I get an error saying:"Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page may help, or try again in a little while. TraceId:...
  9. How i get my Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i get my Bitlocker recovery key: Hello..!How i get my Bitlocker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-get-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/5b127053-b4f8-44d7-95e7-4ccec93615cc
  10. How i get my Bitlocker recovery key

How i get my Bitlocker recovery key: Hello..!How i get my Bitlocker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-get-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/5b127053-b4f8-44d7-95e7-4ccec93615cc