Windows 10: How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?

Discus and support How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I use Wordpad in Windows 10 the document is automatically saved on exit in its final form. I save as I go along but want to meddle with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mike Hart2, Mar 13, 2023.

1. How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?

When I use Wordpad in Windows 10 the document is automatically saved on exit in its final form. I save as I go along but want to meddle with the document but discard the changes so that the document kept is the last one saved, not the final mangled version.

:)

Mike Hart2, Mar 13, 2023
  2. WHS
    whs Win User

word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document? 52889d1485960603t-word-documents-saved-wordpad-documents-2015-12-09_2015.png

3. DaveM121 Win User
    Wordpad documents being saved to Word

Hi Mike

If RTF documents are opening in Word:

Right click an RTF document, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open xxx . . .'

If Wordpad is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Wordpad should be in that list . . .

Choosing Wordpad form one of those lists will reset the file associations on RTF documents and they should then automatically open in Wordpad . . .

DaveM121, Mar 13, 2023
  4. How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?

word documents saved as wordpad documents

I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents.

How do I correct this? I want the save as Word documents, as I did in the past.

Thank you.

desertbronze, Mar 13, 2023
Thema:

How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?

1. How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document? - Similar Threads - exit Wordpad without

2. How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?: When I use Wordpad in Windows 10 the document is automatically saved on exit in its final form. I save as I go along but want to meddle with the document but discard the changes so that the document kept is the last one saved, not the final mangled version....
  3. How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?: When I use Wordpad in Windows 10 the document is automatically saved on exit in its final form. I save as I go along but want to meddle with the document but discard the changes so that the document kept is the last one saved, not the final mangled version....
  4. How to Print a WordPad document?

How to Print a WordPad document?: How to "Print" a document in WordPad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-print-a-wordpad-document/23e9bb28-0d58-48c4-98a0-15d0618109e1
  5. Wordpad document lost not saved.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wordpad document lost not saved.: I was working on a project on Microsoft WordPad. At no point did I save this project. My computer crashed due to problems with the battery and then Windows 10 updated. This closed my WordPad document and I cant recover the file. I've tried searching for the .tmp but it's all...
  6. Wordpad documents being saved to Word

Wordpad documents being saved to Word: Whenever I save a document in Wordpad, it gets saved to Word. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents-being-saved-to-word/b382d304-cf64-43db-9d0b-11d89bfa27e9"
  7. Save a document in WordPad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Save a document in WordPad: WordPad will NOT let me save a document....I keep getting a message saying the name is not valid no matter what I try to name it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-a-document-in-wordpad/3ec3e6d2-8a72-40eb-8e04-f214344ca462
  8. Saving Documents Created Using WordPad

Saving Documents Created Using WordPad: I would like to know WHERE documents go when I click on "Save" as opposed to using "Save As." I've kind of "lost" a couple. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-documents-created-using-wordpad/252404a9-b76e-4798-8bed-883fdd83c7f0"
  9. saving a landscape document in wordpad

saving a landscape document in wordpad: I save a landscape document in wordpad just fine but when I re-open it later it opens in portrait - how can i fix this ?? thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-a-landscape-document-in-wordpad/3b54aa40-32cd-4dc0-8e9c-0ac0d3a81c71"
  10. word documents saved as wordpad documents

word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...