Windows 10: How can I change my login username?

Discus and support How can I change my login username? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to change my username for msn.com email addies. How?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bruceem, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Bruceem Win User

How can I change my login username?

I want to change my username for msn.com email addies. How?

:)

Bruceem, Mar 14, 2022
  2. Labsyboy Win User

How to change list of clickable usernames on login screen?

Hi,

customer has Ad domain with a lot of Windows 10 pro workstations. Users are frequently changing at same workstation and it is kinda annoying that Windows 10 login screen displays only 2 usernames on bottom left corner:

- <Last loged in user>

- Other user

Is it possible somehow to edit and set the list of usernames displayed there, to be, for example, list of 4 specific users?

Labsyboy, Mar 14, 2022
  3. philc43 Win User
    Change username - result: two login accounts, delete 1 unable to login

Microsoft does indeed pick the first 5 characters of your email address when setting up a new Microsoft Account login. If you create a local account first you can specify the username you want and then change it to a Microsoft account later. In that way you will keep your original [AccountName] for the user folder.

Changing the [AccountName] is very difficult, I am not sure what you did in step 3 of your post but that is most certainly where things started to go wrong.

I hope I have understood your question properly.

philc43, Mar 14, 2022
  4. How can I change my login username?

change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Mar 14, 2022
Thema:

How can I change my login username?

1. How can I change my login username? - Similar Threads - change login username

2. how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change the default username on my new desktop?: I use my Microsoft account to set up new dell xps laptop. The default username when I use whoami to check in the command line, there is always a letter missing. For example, my name is peter sam, the whoami return "pete", although i really want to get "peter". I check the "My...
  3. how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i change the default username on my new desktop?: I use my Microsoft account to set up new dell xps laptop. The default username when I use whoami to check in the command line, there is always a letter missing. For example, my name is peter sam, the whoami return "pete", although i really want to get "peter". I check the "My...
  4. How to change my username ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change my username ?: When I copied a path for a shortcut, This Name appears, but this is not my name and is my initials. Please help my how to Change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-username/d538b489-f84d-42d2-bec1-b8d519bb1d00
  5. How to change my username ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my username ?: When I copied a path for a shortcut, This Name appears, but this is not my name and is my initials. Please help my how to Change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-username/d538b489-f84d-42d2-bec1-b8d519bb1d00
  6. How to change my username ?

7. How do I change it to my username?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change it to my username?: I bought a laptop hp envy x360 12 gen a few days ago and even after I changed the user and deleted the old one the file extension is still the old user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-it-to-my-username/945d3d73-f9d3-49f2-ab4b-84329ad9c546
  8. How do i change my username?

How do i change my username?: The username i am asking about is the one which you see in the "Users" folder in C drive. I want to change that name but I am afraid if it will break any of my apps because the location would be changed. Like earlier the app was in C/Users/oldname/app.exe and now it is in...
  9. How can I change my login username?

How can I change my login username?: I want to change my username for msn.com email addies. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-login-username/51fd604d-27ff-4037-9973-684216d79323
  10. How Can I Change Username in Windows 10 ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Can I Change Username in Windows 10 ??: At the time of purchase I signed up on my laptop using the microsoft account that time my username was automatically picked up by windows and I dont like that. Now I'm unable to change as I dont have any local account in my laptop but only microsoft account. So I want help....