Windows 10: How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?

Discus and support How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I record screenshots of a Chrome Browser using XBox Game Bar v 5.823.3261.0 on Windows 10.I press Win+G to bring up the XBox Game Bar, then use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VersionThirst, Aug 1, 2023.

1. How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?

I record screenshots of a Chrome Browser using XBox Game Bar v 5.823.3261.0 on Windows 10.I press Win+G to bring up the XBox Game Bar, then use the shortcut of Win+Alt+PrtScn. I keep the folder of my screenshots open, and when it hits 256 screenshots, it doesn't capture any more.The only solution I found is to restart my computer, then it can record another set of 256 screenshots before I need to restart my computer and do it again. I've tried closing/opening my browser and that doesn't work.I can't find a setting anywhere to manually change the amount of screenshots that can be recorded.Is th

:)

VersionThirst, Aug 1, 2023
  2. Fatima_J Win User

Xbox game bar gallery not showing captures!

Hi Gamerstear11 ,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community Forum.

I hope you're doing well today.

I truly understand that you are having an issue with Xbox game bar that is not showing any captures , let's work on this together for us to fix the issue.

Kindly follow the steps below that could possibly fix the issue.

Fix 1 : Enable game bar in settings

• Go to Settings
    • Then click Gaming icon to continue.
    • go to the Game Bar panel, make sure the option Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Gaming bar is on.
    You may open the link below and follow the steps from there.

[SOLVED] Xbox game bar gallery error - captures not showing up - Microsoft Community

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Fatima

Microsoft Community

Fatima_J, Aug 1, 2023
  3. Kalii919 Win User
    Xbox Game Bar Game Capture And Screenshots Bugs

So sometimes my xbox game bar will be working fine (rarely lately) but a lot of times the capture won't work. Same for the screenshot but when i press the hotkey combination it actually takes a screenshot. I tried uninstalling and installing but still
    doesn't work. When i click on it it says ,,We can't record right now. Please try again later" Also the buttons are like kinda blanked compared to the other two. I really hope someone can help me!

Kalii919, Aug 1, 2023
  4. LuizScruz Win User

How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?

Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options

Hello MXXPHY, welcome to the Microsoft community, I'll be happy to help you today;

I understand that you are unable to record with the Xbox Game Bar;

It may be that your video card is not compatible to record;

What exactly is the model and manufacturer of your video card?

Check the link below to see if your video card is on the compatible list:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/friends-soc...

See you soon!

LuizScruz, Aug 1, 2023
Thema:

How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?

1. How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar? - Similar Threads - capture more 256

2. How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?: I record screenshots of a Chrome Browser using XBox Game Bar v 5.823.3261.0 on Windows 10.I press Win+G to bring up the XBox Game Bar, then use the shortcut of Win+Alt+PrtScn. I keep the folder of my screenshots open, and when it hits 256 screenshots, it doesn't capture any...
  3. Xbox game bar Capture not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar Capture not working: Whenever I use the shortcut to save a clip or start a recording it never starts. I've checked the See my captures thing and it isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-capture-not-working/874c9fea-7367-4939-9c76-7a2f1290e285
  4. Xbox game bar Capture not working

Xbox game bar Capture not working: Whenever I use the shortcut to save a clip or start a recording it never starts. I've checked the See my captures thing and it isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-capture-not-working/874c9fea-7367-4939-9c76-7a2f1290e285
  5. Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options: So I’m having a problem with my Xbox game bar where it won’t let me record any clips. Everytime I click onto the record button it says ‘ sorry, this pc does not meet the hardware requirements so record’ could someone help me with my problem?...
  6. Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options

Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options: So I’m having a problem with my Xbox game bar where it won’t let me record any clips. Everytime I click onto the record button it says ‘ sorry, this pc does not meet the hardware requirements so record’ could someone help me with my problem?...
  7. Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing

Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing: When I hit the replay capture on the Xbox game bar, my mic is not getting picked up. is there a way to pick it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-replay-capture-mic-not-capturing/72c3686e-c41f-4252-be37-6849ab7c4596
  8. Xbox game bar capture/recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar capture/recording: Hello I had been recording overwtach using xbox capture from xbox game bar for 4 days when i encountered an issue. Since yesterday, the game has started to lag while I am recording. However, i get normal fps if i am mot recording. I have noticed that the temperature has...
  9. Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture: Hello, I am having an issue with the Xbox Game Bar captures. I try to record 3 min. clips of events that happen in game. When I go in my files to review the video, the video does not play. Looks like a screen capture of the video and only audio plays. I have tried this...
  10. xbox game bar capturing

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox game bar capturing: This is a pretty niche problem, but whenever i use the capturing feature of game bar using 'win + alt + g' shortcut the file names end up being really long and not very coherent. Is there a way to change what the file names are upon saving because I make a lot of captures...