Windows 10: how can I adjust the palm check on my touchpad?

Discus and support how can I adjust the palm check on my touchpad? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a new laptop that has a huge touch pad and the palms of my hands keep touching the pad when I'm typing. The only way I found to get around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kobalt Kid, Sep 1, 2023.

1. how can I adjust the palm check on my touchpad?

I purchased a new laptop that has a huge touch pad and the palms of my hands keep touching the pad when I'm typing. The only way I found to get around this is by selecting F5 to disable the touchpad which is a pain. Is there a way in windows 11 to adjust the sensitivity of the touch pad or the palm check? I was able to do this on previous laptops but as I recall they were using a different driver. I can't remember the name of the manufacturer, but I think it started with an A. I've had this laptop for a few months now and it's just very frustrating.Thank you for any suggestions.Ken C

:)

Kobalt Kid, Sep 1, 2023

2. Adjust touchpad usable area

I have an Asus touchpad which uses a Elan (USB\VID_043F) touchpad. Random laptops I've had over the years have had settings to adjust the usable touch area which weren't much use due the small size of the touchpads. Now, for some reason, manufacturers make touchpads that span the width of the palm rest, so the need for adjusting usable touchpad area more important. As a right-handed person, I find the pinky side of my hand rests along the bottom 1/2" or so of the touchpad on this Asus G402RJ where the touchpad comes right to the edge of the palm rest. This heavily interferes with normal touchpad usage by causing unwanted movement. I've been looking for solutions, and I see some manufacturers offer an app for Elan touchpads that allows for the adjustment of the usable area (illustrated in screenshot). Are there any solutions 3rd party or otherwise that can offer this functionality? This could even be classified as an accessibility issue as my hand size and shape is handicapping my ability to use my computer effectively.

Thanks,

Bob

how can I adjust the palm check on my touchpad? b0512a09-b4ec-4fe1-a347-a7460101be90?upload=true.png

twopoint71, Sep 1, 2023
  3. Touchpad delay after typing in Windows 10 on Lenovo Flex 2-15

Please note that the issue was resolved on my HP with a Synaptics Touchpad by adjusting the palm sense feature listed below.

HPWindows10User, Sep 1, 2023
  4. Gino Des Win User

how can I adjust the palm check on my touchpad?

Touchpad Delay Options Not Found

Hi Jade,

Are you having issues with touchpad delays after typing? This issue might be due to a feature of your laptop. This feature is intended to prevent users from moving the mouse by mistake while typing.

Kindly refer to your laptop manual on how to adjust or disable this feature. It is usually found in the touchpad settings in Control Panel. Let's try checking for the setting again by
    following the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Control Panel, and click on Control Panel from the results.
    • If you are in Category view, click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Devices and Printers, click on Mouse.
    • The mouse and touchpad software window will open. Look for any settings related to palm tracking, touchpad sensitivity, SmartSense or Palmcheck. The name of the setting varies because it
      depends on the touchpad driver provided by your laptop manufacturer.

If you are not able to see these settings, we suggest that you contact your laptop manufacturer. Additionally, check if there are updated touchpad drivers for your laptop.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 1, 2023
Thema:

how can I adjust the palm check on my touchpad?

1. how can I adjust the palm check on my touchpad? - Similar Threads - adjust palm check

2. how can I adjust the palm check on my touchpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I adjust the palm check on my touchpad?: I purchased a new laptop that has a huge touch pad and the palms of my hands keep touching the pad when I'm typing. The only way I found to get around this is by selecting F5 to disable the touchpad which is a pain. Is there a way in windows 11 to adjust the sensitivity of...
  3. how can i reinstall my touchpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i reinstall my touchpad?: i was turning on my pc, and saw my touch pad not working. so i used the mouse i had to search how to fix to problem. then i saw something saying to delete and reinstall my touch pad. after i deleted it, i was unable to reinstall it. is there a way i can reinstall it?...
  4. Is there a way for me to disable palm check?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way for me to disable palm check?: I managed to successfully disable it before in the past, but I can't seem to locate and disable it now. I tried the registry, control panel, mouse properties, etc. with no luck. submitted by /u/SweetLadyLavender [link] [comments]...
  5. I want to adjust sensitivity of my Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to adjust sensitivity of my Touchpad: I am using HP Pavilion laptop. I think the sensitivity is too high there. Is there a method to adjust sensitivity? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-adjust-sensitivity-of-my-touchpad/92aeadf0-6951-4f2e-b2f5-bc1630c38287
  6. How do I disable palm-check on my trackpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable palm-check on my trackpad?: I have an HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dh1xxx laptop. I need to use the keyboard and the mouse at the same time for some tasks, yet I cannot find a way to disable palm-check. I start typing and my trackpad stops working. How can I fix this?...
  7. How to disable palm tracking in ELAN touchpad?

How to disable palm tracking in ELAN touchpad?: I bought a new acer laptop with ELAN touchpad driver. Am not able to use keyboard and touchpad at the same time(when i hold the key , the touchpad freezes). I had the same issue on another laptop with synaptics and got it fixed through registry. I dont know what to do to...
  8. How to adjust touchpad sensitivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to adjust touchpad sensitivity: I want to adjust touchpad sensitivity on my Lenovo laptop. Please tell me the best way to do it. Thank you!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-adjust-touchpad-sensitivity/c5aa30f0-6b3d-4b55-a3ff-61968f0f742c
  9. touchpad adjust

touchpad adjust: 10162 trial, please can you tell me how to adjust touchpad settings, only mouse stuff adjust shows its a dell p10f001 laptop,thankyou 8052
  10. Palm tracking unable to set (Touchpad)

Palm tracking unable to set (Touchpad): When I enter the settings for my Synaptics device settings, the palm tracking is grayed out and I'm unable to fix it. Can someone help me? 67700