Windows 10: How can I add the new email address and make it the email address for the entire account?

Discus and support How can I add the new email address and make it the email address for the entire account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to change my email address, there is no update email address button, so I try adding new email so that once added I can make it the primary.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by J Schreiber, Aug 3, 2024.

1. How can I add the new email address and make it the email address for the entire account?

When I try to change my email address, there is no update email address button, so I try adding new email so that once added I can make it the primary. But when I add the email address adding aliases it says unable to add because it is part of my security information, but doesn't say how to fix or add the email address and isn't visible within my account info. How can I add the email and make it the email address for the entire account.

:)

J Schreiber, Aug 3, 2024
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Aug 3, 2024
  3. rwhit Win User
    Additional email addresses

I did go to People and clicked on the gear. It lists 2 accounts, my gmail account and my imap account. Neither has the email addresses that I'm offered when I start a new email and start to type into the To address. Looking at the addresses that come up, it looks like addresses that I have communicated with in the past. Where does Windows Mail get these? I can't find anyplace that would store the names. They are certainly not in People and I can't find another list to import from.

rwhit, Aug 3, 2024
  4. How can I add the new email address and make it the email address for the entire account?

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Aug 3, 2024
Thema:

How can I add the new email address and make it the email address for the entire account?

1. How can I add the new email address and make it the email address for the entire account? - Similar Threads - add email address

2. How can I add email addresses to Authenticator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add email addresses to Authenticator?: Every now and then when I am accessing a site it says it has sent a message to my copy of Authenticator. Unfortunately, the email address is not the one in Authenticator. How do I add another one?...
  3. How can I add email addresses to Authenticator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I add email addresses to Authenticator?: Every now and then when I am accessing a site it says it has sent a message to my copy of Authenticator. Unfortunately, the email address is not the one in Authenticator. How do I add another one?...
  4. How can I add email addresses to Authenticator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How can I add the new email address and make it the email address for the entire account?

How can I add the new email address and make it the email address for the entire account?: When I try to change my email address, there is no update email address button, so I try adding new email so that once added I can make it the primary. But when I add the email address adding aliases it says unable to add because it is part of my security information, but...
  6. How can I add the new email address and make it the email address for the entire account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I add the new email address and make it the email address for the entire account?: When I try to change my email address, there is no update email address button, so I try adding new email so that once added I can make it the primary. But when I add the email address adding aliases it says unable to add because it is part of my security information, but...
  7. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?: I am trying to access my daughter’s Microsoft account Minecraft related issue to add an alias email address as the email address associated with the Microsoft account is no longer accessible.I can access the Microsoft account ok, but the problem occurs when trying to add the...
  8. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?: I am trying to access my daughter’s Microsoft account Minecraft related issue to add an alias email address as the email address associated with the Microsoft account is no longer accessible.I can access the Microsoft account ok, but the problem occurs when trying to add the...
  9. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. new email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    new email address: My new email address for my Microsoft account is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Could you please make note of this change. I always have trouble with login since I changed my email....