Windows 10: Hovering over "News and Interests" pulls up a bunch of blank tiles

Discus and support Hovering over "News and Interests" pulls up a bunch of blank tiles in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build 22631.4317When I hover over the News and Interest, it get a bunch of blank tiles on the screen. No data. Clicking on any tile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IainMcCracken, Oct 19, 2024 at 9:12 AM.

1. Hovering over "News and Interests" pulls up a bunch of blank tiles

Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build 22631.4317When I hover over the News and Interest, it get a bunch of blank tiles on the screen. No data. Clicking on any tile does nothing.I have tried turning Widgets off and on in Settings. No change. It doesn't seem to matter what network I'm on, whether it be public WiFi, or my private home network.

:)

IainMcCracken, Oct 19, 2024 at 9:12 AM

2. Preview of full news on hover in News and Interest

This feature is already present, but only in the *TOP STORIES SECTION* not in the normal news tiles.

I think, we must have this feature in the normal tiles too so as to read the full news on hovering over the headline

TOP STORIES:
    Hovering over "News and Interests" pulls up a bunch of blank tiles 6b0d1f1d-6e62-41e5-8c48-dcd356ef664f?upload=true.png

Normal Tile:
    Hovering over "News and Interests" pulls up a bunch of blank tiles 79adfbd4-ee29-42bc-a428-6c4fd358a43b?upload=true.png

Please have this done

DarkWazir_VN, Oct 19, 2024 at 9:25 AM
  3. Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 19, 2024 at 9:25 AM
  4. Hovering over "News and Interests" pulls up a bunch of blank tiles

Creating a new tiles group in windows 10

Hi everyone,

I was trying to figure out how to do this, and I ran into the same grief.

So, now that I know how to do it, I thought I'd post what works for me.

When you open the Start Menu, you have two large, vertical sections.

• On the left, a list of your "Most used" programs.
    • On the right, your groups of Tiles ... and the location we want to create a new group.

The first tile group in this list is probably titled "Life at a glance."
    A few basic things to know

• Both of these two lists in the Start Menu are vertically scrollable.
    • Each tile group is separated so that each one falls below the next.
    • The title for each group is left-aligned in the space between tile groups.
    • If you hover your mouse pointer over the space between tile groups (or over a group's title), you'll see a little menu icon appear to the right of the title (right-aligned). It looks like two horizontal lines. In mobile webpages, it's often referred to
      as a mobile menu or hamburger menu. It's not a menu here. I don't know what Microsoft calls it, so I'm going to call it a Grab Handle (it'll make sense shortly).
    • Your existing Tile groups are all stacked one above the other on the right side,
      but there's always one group hidden at the very bottom of the list. If you scroll down and look, you'll see an empty space at the bottom of your tiles list that's larger than the space between your existing
      tile groups.

Let's call this the "New Tile Group space."
    • The Start Menu creates a new group when you drag an icon into the "New Tile Group space."

It doesn't matter if the icon comes from the left list of "Most used" programs or from somewhere else in the Tiles list. Simply drag it down there, and voila! A new tile group.
    If you click on the space between tile groups, of if you click on a "Grab Handle," you can add or edit the name for the tile group immediately below it, including your new group.

If you want to change the placement of any tiles, simply drag them to where you want them.

If you want to change the order of your tile groups, simply grab the "Grab Handle," and drag the group up or down to where you want it to sit in the tiles list.

A suggestion...

If you're going to create a new group by dragging an icon from the left "Most used" list, I'd suggest scrolling the tiles list (on the right) to the very bottom first. You'll have that "New Tile Group space" immediately accessible to drop your icon onto
    -- without having to mess with trying to make the list auto scroll while dragging.

That's it.

I get the whole desire to cater to mobile and finger navigation, but wouldn't also having an option button or link make a whole lot of sense?

DistinctlyMe, Oct 19, 2024 at 9:25 AM
Thema:

Hovering over "News and Interests" pulls up a bunch of blank tiles

1. Hovering over "News and Interests" pulls up a bunch of blank tiles - Similar Threads - Hovering News Interests

2. Hovering over "News and Interests" pulls up a bunch of blank tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hovering over "News and Interests" pulls up a bunch of blank tiles: Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build 22631.4317When I hover over the News and Interest, it get a bunch of blank tiles on the screen. No data. Clicking on any tile does nothing.I have tried turning Widgets off and on in Settings. No change. It doesn't seem to matter what network I'm on,...
  3. Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?: I'm on windows 11. i like the weather icon on the taskbar. When I click on it, it shows a full screen of weather and tiles that link to news and ugh ads. However, the news tiles refresh way too quickly before I'm able to read through them. Is there any way to change or...
  4. Preview of full news on hover in News and Interest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview of full news on hover in News and Interest: This feature is already present, but only in the *TOP STORIES SECTION* not in the normal news tiles. I think, we must have this feature in the normal tiles too so as to read the full news on hovering over the headlineTOP STORIES: Normal Tile: Please have this done...
  5. Preview of full news on hover in News and Interest

Preview of full news on hover in News and Interest: This feature is already present, but only in the *TOP STORIES SECTION* not in the normal news tiles. I think, we must have this feature in the normal tiles too so as to read the full news on hovering over the headlineTOP STORIES: Normal Tile: Please have this done...
  6. Preview of full news on hover in News and Interest

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  8. Enable or Disable Open News and Interests on hover in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Open News and Interests on hover in Windows 10: [ATTACH]News and Interest is a new feature that has been added by Microsoft in Windows 10. It can be found as a small weather icon on the lower right corner of your desktop. The widget consists of a tailored feed of news, weather, and other information as per your interest....
  9. news and interests

news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  10. news and interests

news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97