Windows 10: Hotmail verification options

Discus and support Hotmail verification options in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So recently i had 3 options to use as security when i logged into hotmail. Send a text to my phone, email to my backup and there was a 3rd option which... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MajorFoley, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Hotmail verification options

So recently i had 3 options to use as security when i logged into hotmail. Send a text to my phone, email to my backup and there was a 3rd option which i cannot recall. Does anyone know what it is? Im 100% sure its not an authentication app because if i had that it would take me straight to that with none of the other options unless i clicked a link saying other sign in options.

:)

MajorFoley, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Hotmail verification options

Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Hotmail verification options

1. Hotmail verification options - Similar Threads - Hotmail verification options

2. hotmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hotmail: i received an email saying that it will be locked in 48 hoursHello hotmail.com,We noticed some unusual activity in your hotmail.com account @hotmail.com. To help protect your account, we've temporarily blocked your account.How can you unblock your account? The fastest way to...
  3. hotmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hotmail: All my emails and contacts have disappeared in win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail/80bfddf4-9a7f-46d9-9beb-ba44160cebd7
  4. unable to complete verification process to unblock a hotmail account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to complete verification process to unblock a hotmail account.: Hello. I received a msg from Microsoft when I tried to open my mail app saying it was locked due to suspicious activity. I can no longer access my backup email account, so I have completed the verification process ...several times.The first time, I received an email within 10...
  5. unable to complete verification process to unblock a hotmail account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to complete verification process to unblock a hotmail account.: Hello. I received a msg from Microsoft when I tried to open my mail app saying it was locked due to suspicious activity. I can no longer access my backup email account, so I have completed the verification process ...several times.The first time, I received an email within 10...
  6. Question about phone verification for hotmail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about phone verification for hotmail account: I got an email from Microsoft saying that phone verification was going to be removed soon, and that only SMS messages would be accepted to verify an account. I don't want to be locked out of my account. When is this change going to be implemented? I need to know when I should...
  7. hotmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hotmail: I am about to dump windows all together because of issues with disappearing emails. I use Hotmail, have for years. It's free, but that does not mean that anyone has the right to delete them arbitrarily. I have received emails from family members only to read them and when...
  8. Hotmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotmail: I have a hotmail account but as you know hotmail was phased out. Can I create a liv account and sync the two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail/c5a7db51-0a91-4773-824f-abb49f453516
  9. Unable to receive verification to update security info for Hotmail account

Unable to receive verification to update security info for Hotmail account: This is very frustrating. I have received a notification to my registered phone number that a modification has been made to my security information, (which by the way takes one month to properly action) indicating that your system knows about my mobile number, but you are...
  10. Microsoft really need to give hotmail users option to have skype on their hotmail or not.

Microsoft really need to give hotmail users option to have skype on their hotmail or not.: Microsoft have enough money in the bank to give better options to its users truth is it is extremely hard and if not impossible to remove skype from hotmail. You check your emails everyday through hotmail your logged into skype. Microsoft can easily fix this and give user...