Windows 10: Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT

Discus and support Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to convert my hard drives to GPT. I'm using step-by-step instructions:SettingsUpdate and SecurityRecoveryAdvanced Startup / Restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WayfinderWishbringer, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT

I am trying to convert my hard drives to GPT. I'm using step-by-step instructions:SettingsUpdate and SecurityRecoveryAdvanced Startup / Restart NowTroubleshootAdvanced OptionsAt which point it asks me for my user email and password. I give it my Microsoft user email and password, precisely, all Uppercase and spelling checked with no leading or trailing spaces... and every time it tells me it is incorrect information. I've tried using all past passwords I can remember, and even changed my password TODAY... but it still doesn't recognize my mail / or / password.I am using Windows 10 Pro u

:)

WayfinderWishbringer, Sep 6, 2023
  2. Raner Win User

Hit a brick wall trying to make a windows 10 repair, recovery usb.

I don't want to boar you with a lot of details so I'll keep short.
    I started to create a "Windows 10 Repair Boot USB Recovery Drive".
    Then I hit a brick wall, when the image I added popped up.
    I jumped from windows 7 to windows 10 using the free upgrade.
    So I don't have a CD for window 10.
    Is there an iso to create a repair usb or disc.
    Thanks, in advance for any help you can provide...

Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT 140499d1498069254t-hit-brick-wall-trying-make-windows-10-repair-recovery-usb-error-snap-shot.jpg

Raner, Sep 6, 2023
  3. Tony K Win User
    Hit a brick wall trying to make a windows 10 repair, recovery usb.

Hi there, Raner.

Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Tony K, Sep 6, 2023
  4. JGLTX Win User

Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT

I am trying to create a password reset disk and keep hitting a brick wall.

In Windows Support I am following the instructions in "Create a password reset disk for a local account in Windows 10." I get as far as step 3 and "Choose a password reset disk from the list of results." There is no list of results. I select Create a
    password reset disk" and I get nothing. The Forgotten password Wizard never appears.

I've tried it on my desktop and my laptop.

John

JGLTX, Sep 6, 2023
Thema:

Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT

1. Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT - Similar Threads - Hitting password brick

2. Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT: I am trying to convert my hard drives to GPT. I'm using step-by-step instructions:SettingsUpdate and SecurityRecoveryAdvanced Startup / Restart NowTroubleshootAdvanced OptionsAt which point it asks me for my user email and password. I give it my Microsoft user email and...
  3. Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hitting password brick wall trying to update hard drive to GPT: I am trying to convert my hard drives to GPT. I'm using step-by-step instructions:SettingsUpdate and SecurityRecoveryAdvanced Startup / Restart NowTroubleshootAdvanced OptionsAt which point it asks me for my user email and password. I give it my Microsoft user email and...
  4. Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall: I've begun playing spider solitaire 2 suits at the grandmaster level and find that the same few cards will appear multiple times in a round. Like, 4 8s. I have yet to win a game at this level. Please tell me what kinds of strategies other players use at the grandmaster level....
  5. Trying to convert my Hard Drive from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to convert my Hard Drive from MBR to GPT: Hello, I tried to repair Windows 10 Pro because my original windows installation got corrupted and won't boot for some reason. I tried to repair my Windows Installation but it can't. My only option is to reinstall, but an error popped up and it said "Windows cannot be...
  6. Trying to convert my Hard Drive from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to convert my Hard Drive from MBR to GPT: Hello, I tried to repair Windows 10 Pro because my original windows installation got corrupted and won't boot for some reason. I tried to repair my Windows Installation but it can't. My only option is to reinstall, but an error popped up and it said "Windows cannot be...
  7. Trying to convert my Hard Drive from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I am trying to create a password reset disk and keep hitting a brick wall.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to create a password reset disk and keep hitting a brick wall.: In Windows Support I am following the instructions in "Create a password reset disk for a local account in Windows 10." I get as far as step 3 and "Choose a password reset disk from the list of results." There is no list of results. I select Create a password reset disk"...
  9. Windows 10 May update bricking hard drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 May update bricking hard drives: I run a small computer repair shop and over the past week have gotten 7 computers in with the hard drive failed. All had just upgraded to the May update or were in the process of upgrading. I had one customers computer I was working on and it downloaded the update and was...
  10. Hit a brick wall trying to make a windows 10 repair, recovery usb.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hit a brick wall trying to make a windows 10 repair, recovery usb.: I don't want to boar you with a lot of details so I'll keep short. I started to create a "Windows 10 Repair Boot USB Recovery Drive". Then I hit a brick wall, when the image I added popped up. I jumped from windows 7 to windows 10 using the free upgrade. So I don't have...