Windows 10: History of last opened folders

Discus and support History of last opened folders in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been using AnVir Task Manager for about 10 years now. It has a very convenient feature that adds a button with a list of the last opened folders,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheMARK2580, Sep 22, 2024 at 9:42 PM.

1. History of last opened folders

I've been using AnVir Task Manager for about 10 years now. It has a very convenient feature that adds a button with a list of the last opened folders, no matter what program calls the file open, folder open or file save dialog. The last 10-15 opened folders are always displayed there (in the form of a button with a drop-down list). This is very convenient, especially in the stupid folder open dialog.

Time does not stand still, but the program seems to be no longer being developed. I would like to find similar functionality somewhere so that the program continues to work correctly on Windows 10 and 11.

I'm talking specifically about the history of the last opened folders, not files or pinned folders in favorites, especially since they are not available in the open folder dialog.

submitted by /u/TheMARK2580
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheMARK2580, Sep 22, 2024 at 9:42 PM

2. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

3. File History never copies anything

Hi,

Temporary system failure is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help resolve the issue, we suggest deleting the files in the USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > Update & Security > Backup > More Options.
    • Click Stop using this drive.
    • Delete the File History folder on your external drive.
    • Try again to add the USB drive to backup File History.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

4. History of last opened folders

How to remove folders from File History

• I had the same problem, and I solved in this way:
      Control Panel -> System and Security-> File History -> Turn off
      Settings -> Update & Security -> Backup -> More options -> Stop using this drive
      Delete the File History folder in your external drive.
      Start using File History again.
      After performing these steps, I can easily add folders to "Excluded Folders" and they remain excluded. I checked in the actual files and folders saved on the external disk, and it works.
      I did not modify the default settings about how often and how long backup is saved, File History is working ok now. So I guess it is important to click "Stop using this drive" in order to reset File History.
      Hope this will be helpful

Thema:

History of last opened folders

1. History of last opened folders - Similar Threads - History last opened

2. How to get file explorer to open the last open folder ie: documents when opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get file explorer to open the last open folder ie: documents when opening?: How to get file explorer to open the last open folder ie: documents when opening? It always opens to the list of all folders; is there any way to have it open to the previously open folder? Thank you! --dan...
  3. How to get file explorer to open the last open folder ie: documents when opening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get file explorer to open the last open folder ie: documents when opening?: How to get file explorer to open the last open folder ie: documents when opening? It always opens to the list of all folders; is there any way to have it open to the previously open folder? Thank you! --dan...
  4. Folder history problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder history problem: HelloThere is a problem with my job A folder created yesterday on 2/14 on the server system Now this folder with other systems shows the date of today 2/16 It is inside the server computer 2 days ago But with other computers that you look at the same folder, history today...
  5. Folder history problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder history problem: HelloThere is a problem with my job A folder created yesterday on 2/14 on the server system Now this folder with other systems shows the date of today 2/16 It is inside the server computer 2 days ago But with other computers that you look at the same folder, history today...
  6. Folder history problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File history folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File history folder: Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected for too long re- connect it now.When I type file history folder into the search box,it just says Toshiba F. Where do I find this to re-connect and is it important? 164596
  8. File history folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File history folder: Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected for too long re- connect it now.When I type file history folder into the search box,it just says Toshiba F. Where do I find this to re-connect and is it important? 164596
  9. Moving File History Folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Moving File History Folder: I have my File History on a physical internal hard drive that is now almost completely full. I wanted to know if I could move the entire fie history to a newer and much larger drive? I understand I can create a new File History drive but I'm assuming in doing this I will...
  10. Get Win10 File Explorer to open in last used folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Win10 File Explorer to open in last used folder: How do I get File Explorer to open in the last used folder? NOT quick access, just in the normal list of directories. (file folders) I hate 'quick access', it slows everything down so much and makes all other folders invisible - I just want the normal file list visible and...