Windows 10: Highlight on an application on the taskbar won't go away

Discus and support Highlight on an application on the taskbar won't go away in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I highlight an application on the taskbar the highlight background won't go away, only restarting the windows explorer resets it but after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NSTrains, May 8, 2024.

1. NSTrains Win User

Highlight on an application on the taskbar won't go away

Whenever I highlight an application on the taskbar the highlight background won't go away, only restarting the windows explorer resets it but after a little bit, it comes back and never goes away until I restart windows explorer. In the picture it shows the highlight on the right side. Both applications are not open

:)

NSTrains, May 8, 2024

2. Applications won`t maximize

Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks

PhilipMaclean, May 8, 2024
  3. xanderax Win User
    How to configure taskbar to highlight open applications, like in win7?

In the taskbar, Win10 only highlights the active application icon. The other icons look the same, regardless if the application is open or not.

Is there an option to make all open, running applications highlight in the taskbar like in Win7? Thanks!

xanderax, May 8, 2024
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, May 8, 2024
Thema:

1. Highlight on an application on the taskbar won't go away - Similar Threads - Highlight application taskbar

2. Highlight on an application on the taskbar won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlight on an application on the taskbar won't go away: Whenever I highlight an application on the taskbar the highlight background won't go away, only restarting the windows explorer resets it but after a little bit, it comes back and never goes away until I restart windows explorer. In the picture it shows the highlight on the...
  3. Highlight on an application on the taskbar won't go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Highlight on an application on the taskbar won't go away: Whenever I highlight an application on the taskbar the highlight background won't go away, only restarting the windows explorer resets it but after a little bit, it comes back and never goes away until I restart windows explorer. In the picture it shows the highlight on the...
  4. Shortcut won't go away after deleting the application.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut won't go away after deleting the application.: Hi there,I recently deleted this app and while I had the app on my device, I had a shortcut of it on my desktop. I deleted the app and I tried removing the shortcut but it won't be removed. It says this file is not found when I try deleting it. Any help would be much...
  5. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar won't go away automatically: On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For...
  6. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar won't go away automatically: On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For...
  7. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Taskbar not going away

Taskbar not going away: So my taskbar keeps getting in the way of stuff I'm doing so I tried to remove it. However, disable taskbar in tablet and desktop mode are both on, yet my taskbar is still there. Even when I'm idle and haven't touched the laptop in hours, the taskbar still stays there...
  9. Taskbar won't go away

Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  10. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...