Windows 10: Highlight box makes it difficult to use start menu and settings

Discus and support Highlight box makes it difficult to use start menu and settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello.I have been having an issue for about an hour now where I cant use the start menu or the settings application at all because of a highlight box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jsph.f, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:12 PM.

1. jsph.f Win User

Highlight box makes it difficult to use start menu and settings

Hello.I have been having an issue for about an hour now where I cant use the start menu or the settings application at all because of a highlight box that constantly moves.Here are the fixes I have tried, to no avail:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-click-the-power-button-because-of-a-white/fbb55ac9-2f55-4d3f-bea4-8705c3cda77ahttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-keeps-highlighting-buttons-on-my-start/dd4c5b57-6bd1-42bd-8dce-b845f102f0edhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-menu-in-start-section-not-working/f711252a-

:)

2. Ghot Win User

Start Menu List - Settings

You need to go one step further...

Settings >Personalization > Start, then click as shown by the RED square...

Highlight box makes it difficult to use start menu and settings 317868d1612653228t-start-menu-list-settings-image1.png

Highlight box makes it difficult to use start menu and settings 317869d1612653239t-start-menu-list-settings-image2.png

3. Kevin_KK Win User
    How to make screenshot of the start menu?

I want to take a screenshot of the start menu. This is my procedure:

1. Open "SnippingTool"
    2. Set a delay, say, 5 seconds
    3. Click "New"
    4. Click Windows key, so that the start menu pop up
    5. 5 seconds times out and (hopefully) I can start making the screenshot.
    However, after the fifth step, the start menu is still editable. While I expect it to be masked by a translucent white indicating I can make screenshot over it, it's not the case. In fact, I must click somewhere to enable screenshot on start menu. Is there
    any better/straightforward way to make screenshot of the start menu? Thanks!

4. Highlight box makes it difficult to use start menu and settings

No Fluent Design Reveal Highlight in Start Menu - Fall Creator's Update

Transparency is already enabled. I'm seeing the blurs, but reveal highlight is not transparency. This is reveal highlight, what I
    should be seeing:

Highlight box makes it difficult to use start menu and settings all-apps-reveal-highlight-redstone-4-windows10.jpg

Thanks! Highlight box makes it difficult to use start menu and settings :)

Skat0r vista, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:17 PM
Thema:

Highlight box makes it difficult to use start menu and settings

1. Highlight box makes it difficult to use start menu and settings - Similar Threads - Highlight box makes

2. Highlight box makes it difficult to use start menu and settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlight box makes it difficult to use start menu and settings: Hello.I have been having an issue for about an hour now where I cant use the start menu or the settings application at all because of a highlight box that constantly moves.Here are the fixes I have tried, to no...
  3. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  4. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  5. How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?

How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?: Hi. My start menu, task bar, settings menu and system tray are all inoperative. In task manager they show a green leaf and comment about UWP suspension. The only suggestions as to how to reactivate them involves using these same inoperative start menu and settings. How do I...
  6. How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?: Hi. My start menu, task bar, settings menu and system tray are all inoperative. In task manager they show a green leaf and comment about UWP suspension. The only suggestions as to how to reactivate them involves using these same inoperative start menu and settings. How do I...
  7. How can I reactivate the start menu, settings menu, etc without using start menu and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. start menu highlighted apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu highlighted apps: This is driving me crazy XO, why are some of them highlighted????[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-highlighted-apps/61e8b2e6-4f5c-4814-a9ff-4452cc87c0d1
  9. start menu boxes gray

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu boxes gray: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/go_beavs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqcags/start_menu_boxes_gray/
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu, Settings & Search Box Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu, Settings & Search Box Not Working: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home 32 bit, version 1803. When I try to access the start menu, use the search box or access any settings in Windows 10 nothing happens. I've tried restoring Windows, including a full reset and reinstall and the problem persists. I...