Windows 10: High ram usage on startup/idle on gmaing pc issue.

Discus and support High ram usage on startup/idle on gmaing pc issue. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have this issue where I start up my pc just fine but noticed high ram usage. It’ll start around 50% and sometimes 60% or more. I never paid attention... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ricky Retana, Jul 7, 2024.

1. High ram usage on startup/idle on gmaing pc issue.

I have this issue where I start up my pc just fine but noticed high ram usage. It’ll start around 50% and sometimes 60% or more. I never paid attention to it after I had an issue when I was playing destiny 2 about three weeks ago and my pc started stuttering real bad and I noticed my ram usage was 99%. these are the steps I’ve tried out that sometimes help but usually reverts back to high usage. remove all startup apps. remove programs I don’t longer use. reseat my ram sticks. performed a memory diagnostic and found nothing. used CCleaner. update everything.c

:)

Ricky Retana, Jul 7, 2024

2. Help with high memory usage while idle and nothing open

Hello MastrKage,

High RAM usage when your PC is idle can be frustrating. Let’s explore some potential solutions to address this issue:

1. Check for Resource-Intensive Processes:
      • Open the Task Manager (you can do this by right-clicking the taskbar and selecting “Task Manager”).
      • Look for any processes that are consuming a significant amount of memory even when your PC is idle.
      • If you find any resource-intensive processes, consider investigating further or terminating them.
    2. Disable Startup Programs:
      • Some applications automatically start when your PC boots up, consuming memory even when idle.
      • To manage startup programs:
        • Press Win + R, type “msconfig”, and hit Enter.
        • Go to the “Startup” tab and uncheck unnecessary programs.
        • Click “Apply” and “OK”, then restart your PC.
    3. Check for Malware or Unwanted Software:
      • Malware or unwanted background processes can cause high RAM usage.
      • Run a full system scan using your preferred antivirus software to ensure your system is clean.
    4. Disable Tips and Suggestions (Windows 11/10):
      • Windows provides tips and suggestions that can consume memory.
      • To disable them:
        • Open Settings.
        • Go to System > Notifications.
        • Turn off "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows."
    5. Monitor RAM Usage Over Time:
      • Use tools like Resource Monitor or RAMMap to track memory usage patterns.
      • Observe if there are any spikes or consistent high usage during idle periods.
    6. Update Drivers and Windows:
      • Outdated drivers or an outdated Windows version can lead to memory issues.
      • Ensure your drivers (especially graphics and chipset drivers) are up to date.
      • Install any pending Windows updates.
    Remember that some RAM usage during idle is normal, but if it consistently exceeds a certain threshold (e.g., more than 30% or 80-90% as reported by some users), it’s worth investigating further. Hopefully, these steps will help optimize your RAM usage and improve overall system performance! ️

Hope this helps,

Fathia A

Fathia Abukar, Jul 7, 2024
  3. High ram usage when idle

Hello, I'm Greg, here to help you with this.

Try these fixes for Windows 10 high RAM usage when idle:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/...

https://thetechietrickle.com/windows-10-high-ra...

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/high-ra...

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/cwza...

Let me know if you have any questions or I can help performing any of the above steps. Based on the results you post back I will have other steps to try if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, Jul 7, 2024
  4. High ram usage on startup/idle on gmaing pc issue.

RAM usage too high in idle ?

High ram usage on startup/idle on gmaing pc issue. 114633d1485975144t-ram-usage-too-high-idle-untitled1.png

High ram usage on startup/idle on gmaing pc issue. 114632d1485975144t-ram-usage-too-high-idle-screen.jpg

This is what happened.

JordanMihailov, Jul 7, 2024
Thema:

High ram usage on startup/idle on gmaing pc issue.

1. High ram usage on startup/idle on gmaing pc issue. - Similar Threads - High ram usage

2. High ram usage on startup/idle on gmaing pc issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ram usage on startup/idle on gmaing pc issue.: I have this issue where I start up my pc just fine but noticed high ram usage. It’ll start around 50% and sometimes 60% or more. I never paid attention to it after I had an issue when I was playing destiny 2 about three weeks ago and my pc started stuttering real bad and I...
  3. High Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Idle RAM Usage: windows is using high amounts of ram while not running any other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-idle-ram-usage/31b4a1e2-4389-4f06-80ae-91411ee92efa
  4. High Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Idle RAM Usage: windows is using high amounts of ram while not running any other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-idle-ram-usage/31b4a1e2-4389-4f06-80ae-91411ee92efa
  5. High ram usage when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ram usage when idle: I have a 8 gb ram laptop. When i close all the programs via task manager, the memory usage is still about 3-4 gb. How do i reduce this? I have tried everything as told in the following youtube video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osKnDbHibig Also, the memory in processes...
  6. High Ram usage while idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Ram usage while idle: Hi,I bought Asus Vivobook ultra k14 a couple months ago..it has 8 GB ram,its working fine but i need to know that is 50% of ram usage when the system is idlethat is 4 GB is normal? Screenshot:and while gaming games like valorant the ram usage is around 90%! Can somebody help...
  7. High ram usage when idle

High ram usage when idle: Hello , I have been facing this problem for a while now .My ram usage is up to 4 gb even when no apps are running I have run scans on windows defender and Malware Bytes but nothing shows up , PC specs and winver GPU : Nvidia Geforce 940mx Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U...
  8. High RAM usage on startup

High RAM usage on startup: The culprits might be kb4556799, kb45562931 or kb4534132. I uninstalled each but the issue persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage-on-startup/42a9f84f-979f-4251-aa18-566aa9cd3f12
  9. RAM usage too high in idle ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM usage too high in idle ?: Hi all, have this problem for a while now. I have 16GB of ram and usage is extremely high while PC is in idle. 99% ram usage and 70-80% quite often.When i start the computer it's fine and then it starts slowly to increase to as i said 70-80 and finally 99%. Computer doesn't...
  10. High RAM usage while idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High RAM usage while idle: Hello, Basically I noticed that my PC has a lot of RAM used but no program is using the RAM - see attached screenshots. Obviously it doesnt really affect me until I launch a game: eg GTA 5 which before ran happily at 60 and is now stuck on less than 1 FPS when I get into the...