Windows 10: Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

Discus and support Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shubham Jhawar, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically hibernates/shuts down when kept in sleep mode for a long time 7-8 hours. Sleep mode works fine if I use it in 1-2 hours. But if I keep that in sleep mode overnight, it either hibernates sometimes because when I power on I can use my applications that I had kept open, and some times it shuts down becaue I cannot recover anything when I again start my PC. It is causing a lot of problem for me. I have even re installed the entire windows, but this problem s

:)

Shubham Jhawar, Dec 26, 2022
  2. Jim8080 Win User

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Dec 26, 2022
  3. Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I would like to see that article. I can tell you in my power options under Sleep > Hibernate after, mine is set to "Never" and hybrid works fine here.

Bill_Bright, Dec 26, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep

I suggest you go to the Asus support site and get another copy of the display driver then install it.
    While you're there, check for any Bios updates.

You can turn on hybrid sleep in Power options, <current power plan>, Change advanced settings.
    Hybrid sleep - The Old New Thing
    - There is no display of its name. It is either on or it is off. If it is on then telling your computer to sleep makes it go into hybrid sleep.
    - I don't suggest altering as important a setting as this until you have resolved your current issue.

This extract from Win7 Help is the clearest explanation I have seen
    Denis

Thema:

Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

1. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options - Similar Threads - Hibernate Hybrid Sleep

2. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  3. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  4. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hybrid Sleep option missing in Windows 11 - "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hybrid Sleep option missing in Windows 11 - ": I want to use Hybrid Sleep on a PC that can go to sleep when not in use, but comes back fast restore from sleep faster than restore from Hibernate. We also have frequent power outages and want to be sure it won't lose anything if the power fails while it's asleep. Hybrid...
  6. Hybrid Sleep option missing in Windows 11 - "

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hybrid Sleep option missing in Windows 11 - ": I want to use Hybrid Sleep on a PC that can go to sleep when not in use, but comes back fast restore from sleep faster than restore from Hibernate. We also have frequent power outages and want to be sure it won't lose anything if the power fails while it's asleep. Hybrid...
  7. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically hibernates/shuts down when kept in sleep mode for a long time 7-8 hours. Sleep mode works fine if I use it in 1-2 hours. But if I keep...
  8. sleep option is missing from power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep option is missing from power options: all of a sudden the sleep option just disappeared one day when i started up my pc. i have been trying to fix this issue for 2 days and i feel like i've done every possible solution i have seen on the internet....
  9. no hybrid sleep option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no hybrid sleep option: Problem in Windows 10 with all possible updates. In Control panel\Hardware and sound\Power options\Edit plan settings, option "Change advanced power settings", there is no "Allow hybrid sleep" under the tab "Sleep". The options are "Sleep after", "Hibernate after" and "Allow...
  10. Remover Power Supply during Hibernation or Hybrid Sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remover Power Supply during Hibernation or Hybrid Sleep?: Hello all, I have 3 questions regarding putting a PC into a lower energystate. 1. Can the PC be damaged if I turn off and remove the Power Supply and opening the case to clean the PC, while the PC is in Hibernation Mode instead of having it fully shut down? 2. I've...