Windows 10: Hi, I reset my laptop and when I trying to boot it asks for my work or school credentials,...

Discus and support Hi, I reset my laptop and when I trying to boot it asks for my work or school credentials,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I reset my laptop and when I trying to boot it asks for my work or school credentials, when I feel that THAT USERNAME LOOKS LIKE IT BELONGS TO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Emman M., Sep 5, 2024.

1. Emman M. Win User

Hi, I reset my laptop and when I trying to boot it asks for my work or school credentials,...

Hi, I reset my laptop and when I trying to boot it asks for my work or school credentials, when I feel that THAT USERNAME LOOKS LIKE IT BELONGS TO ANOTHER ORGANIZATION . TRY SIGNING IN AGAIN OR START OVER WITH A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT. What can I do in this case? How can I bypass this and enter windows desktop?

:)

Emman M., Sep 5, 2024
  2. TONPumper Win User

Onedrive asking to sign in to a school account

Hello, A few years ago, I lost access to my school email and had to create a new personal email for windows. My files sync fine with the new email, but once a day, I get a prompt asking me to sign into sharepoint and when I click the button to sign in, the only option I have is for the school account which I don't have access to. I deleted everything that started with Microsoft Office from credential manager that didn't have my personal email in the username field, ran the command C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset to reset onedrive, and uninstalled/reinstalled onedrive to no avail. Does anyone know what I missed here or why my school account is still connected? EDIT: I saw a SSO_POP_User credential that I missed in credential manager. Maybe that will fix it. I just unlinked and link my account and wasn't prompted to sign in; however, when the select an account prompt comes up, the school email appears in the list of options.

TONPumper, Sep 5, 2024
  3. finnieuk Win User
    Trying to reset old work laptop

Hi my former employer allowed me to keep laptop as they were replacing laptops. Trying to set it up by resetting but no matter what I do it keeps asking me for a login that is work or school related. Is there anyway to circumvent that?

finnieuk, Sep 5, 2024
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Hi, I reset my laptop and when I trying to boot it asks for my work or school credentials,...

Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are being asked for credentials when trying to access computers on the network. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

Ideally, when you are asked for credentials, you will need to enter the username and password of the computer which you are trying to access. If you are on a secured network, you can turn off password protected sharing under Network and sharing options
    and you will not be prompted for a password.

If you are unable to access the computer by entering the username and password of the computer, one of thing that I can suggest you is to try entering the Device name and password when you receive the prompt. To check for the Device name, go to
    Start >> Settings >> System >> About.

If that doesn’t work, try the steps mentioned below:

1. On the computer for which you are being asked for password, type
      command prompt in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon, and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, type whoami and hit
      Enter
    You will get the name of the device, try using the name as the username and use the computer password.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 5, 2024
Thema:

1. Hi, I reset my laptop and when I trying to boot it asks for my work or school credentials,... - Similar Threads - reset laptop trying

2. Hi, I reset my hp pc when I restart it asks for my work or school credentials, When I did...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I reset my hp pc when I restart it asks for my work or school credentials, When I did...: Hi, I reset my laptop and when I'm trying to restart it asks for my work or school credentials, when I put my school credentials it gives me this error message: THAT USERNAME LOOKS LIKE IT BELONGS TO ANOTHER ORGANIZATION . TRY SIGNING IN AGAIN OR START OVER WITH A DIFFERENT...
  3. Hi, I reset my hp pc when I restart it asks for my work or school credentials, When I did...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I reset my hp pc when I restart it asks for my work or school credentials, When I did...: Hi, I reset my laptop and when I'm trying to restart it asks for my work or school credentials, when I put my school credentials it gives me this error message: THAT USERNAME LOOKS LIKE IT BELONGS TO ANOTHER ORGANIZATION . TRY SIGNING IN AGAIN OR START OVER WITH A DIFFERENT...
  4. Hi, I reset my laptop and when I trying to boot it asks for my work or school credentials,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I reset my laptop and when I trying to boot it asks for my work or school credentials,...: Hi, I reset my laptop and when I trying to boot it asks for my work or school credentials, when I feel that THAT USERNAME LOOKS LIKE IT BELONGS TO ANOTHER ORGANIZATION . TRY SIGNING IN AGAIN OR START OVER WITH A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT. What can I do in this case? How can I bypass...
  5. my laptop was not working properly so reset it now it is asking for bibb county school...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop was not working properly so reset it now it is asking for bibb county school...: my laptop was not working properly so reset it now it is asking for bibb county school district email i dont have such email and i cant do anything ether...
  6. How can i reset my School laptop?

How can i reset my School laptop?: I bought a laptop from my school in 2019, and it had an Admin user and password, I can't change or download anything on my laptop. When I wanted to move schools, I asked my school to remove the admin permission but they said that they didn't pay the company that was doing...
  7. How can i reset my School laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i reset my School laptop?: I bought a laptop from my school in 2019, and it had an Admin user and password, I can't change or download anything on my laptop. When I wanted to move schools, I asked my school to remove the admin permission but they said that they didn't pay the company that was doing...
  8. How can i reset my School laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Hi I reset windows but when I have to add my account it says I need a work or school...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi I reset windows but when I have to add my account it says I need a work or school...: There is no skip button and it won’t let me go back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-reset-windows-but-when-i-have-to-add-my/027fbe39-2716-433c-b9f8-0750078c6629
  10. Hi I reset windows but when I have to add my account it says I need a work or school...

Hi I reset windows but when I have to add my account it says I need a work or school...: There is no skip button and it won’t let me go back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-reset-windows-but-when-i-have-to-add-my/027fbe39-2716-433c-b9f8-0750078c6629