Windows 10: hey . what is this new 700 mb partition that have 100 mb free appeard in my window 11 ?

Discus and support hey . what is this new 700 mb partition that have 100 mb free appeard in my window 11 ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; no files in this drive and no widnows update pined . what is that ? how can i remove it or shouldn,t i ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bardia Peshkoolakkon, Sep 17, 2024 at 12:27 AM.

1. hey . what is this new 700 mb partition that have 100 mb free appeard in my window 11 ?

no files in this drive and no widnows update pined . what is that ? how can i remove it or shouldn,t i ?

:)

Bardia Peshkoolakkon, Sep 17, 2024 at 12:27 AM
  2. Saltgrass Win User

Windows 11 exact mb partition

When Windows installs, it adds 16 MBs for a MSR partition, 100 MBs for a System EFI partition and a Recovery tools partition about 450 MBs.

If you are trying to decide the size of the unallocated space, you may have a problem getting it perfect.

At one time, you could create all those partitions yourself and Windows would install, but I have not tried in a while. You would need to use Diskpart from the Shift F10 command prompt window to create those partitions. If you need those commands, let us know. You can also find the process online.

3. newnerd Win User
    Only 28 MB of 100 MB available in System Reserved for Win10 upgrade?

Hi Jessen:

Thanks for your reply. I am still concerned about there not being enough space in the system reserved partition to allow an update install of Windows 10. I have another pc with a clean install of the Win10 Tech preview installed from an ISO. That
    install automatically created a 500 MB System Reserved partition and it shows only 140 MBs open space left.

With only a 100 MB system reserved partition on the NUC pc I'm going to upgrade from Win7 to Win10 and only 28 MBs of that remaining, will the Windows 10 upgrade succeed? The system reserved partition was created by the Win7 install program and it shows
    "100 MB NTFS Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partition). The (Chey . what is this new 700 mb partition that have 100 mb free appeard in my window 11 ? :) partition says "167.58 GB NTFS Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition." Since the system reserved partition says Active isn't it needed to boot the PC and will Windows 10
    be able to use a system reserved partition with only 28 MBs free?

4. newnerd Win User

hey . what is this new 700 mb partition that have 100 mb free appeard in my window 11 ?

Only 28 MB of 100 MB available in System Reserved for Win10 upgrade?

Hi again Jessen:

I took your advice and didn't mess with the system reserved partition and have now downloaded and installed Windows 10 Home successfully. It appears that there is no change in the system reserved partition....it still has 28 MBs free. Windows 10 did
    create a new partition of 450 MBs for a "Recovery Partition" at the end of the C: partition....disk management says it is 100% free so I don't know what it is used for. Thanks for your time and effort!

Thema:

hey . what is this new 700 mb partition that have 100 mb free appeard in my window 11 ?

1. hey . what is this new 700 mb partition that have 100 mb free appeard in my window 11 ? - Similar Threads - hey 700 partition

2. hey . what is this new 700 mb partition that have 100 mb free appeard in my window 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hey . what is this new 700 mb partition that have 100 mb free appeard in my window 11 ?: no files in this drive and no widnows update pined . what is that ? how can i remove it or shouldn,t i ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-what-is-this-new-700-mb-partition-that-have/6ab6a42c-edc4-47c3-b495-ae17f7738768
  3. 0x80070643 error having 499 MB recovery partition on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x80070643 error having 499 MB recovery partition on Windows 10: Hello.Trying to get the 22H2 KB5034441 update on Windows 10 I get the error code 0x80070643.I found documentation with instructions to increase at least 250 MB the size of the recovery partition to fix this problem.The recover partition has already 499 MB.Should I increase...
  4. Windows 11 exact mb partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 exact mb partition: Hi,Is windows creating restore point after updates if restore point is off?And if you can tell me a exactlty value for windows c partition for 350gb. I tried 358400 but will be 349gb after first start.Thanks....
  5. Windows 11 exact mb partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 exact mb partition: Hi,Is windows creating restore point after updates if restore point is off?And if you can tell me a exactlty value for windows c partition for 350gb. I tried 358400 but will be 349gb after first start.Thanks....
  6. 450 mb ssd recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    450 mb ssd recovery partition: i installed another version of win 10 with a usb so all the windows filed were installed on my hdd and before that the booting files only were put on a 450 md ssd recovery partition so the booting was way too fast so how to get them back there ?...
  7. Can't delete a 700 MB file; tried everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a 700 MB file; tried everything: I have tried every technique I have found, including using Eraser, and nothing has worked. In the latest attempt I changed to the directory containing the file in Command Prompt, running as an administrator, and entered: TYPE nul > "DSC00138_13.arw.xmp BW-LAB.tif". Nothing...
  8. What is the size of update in mb

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the size of update in mb: please tell me the size of update today date is 17 may 2020 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-the-size-of-update-in-mb/dbfbcdae-b437-4010-aa0c-a95c9bc74e22
  9. Moving Activation to a new MB

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Activation to a new MB: I am a developer who does work for the VA and a DoD contractor. I am under orders to change-out my Intel MB for an AMD Threadripper one. I don't make the rules - I just have to follow them. I am on W10 Pro x64... How do I move my license from my existing MSI MB and...
  10. 128 MB other partition

in Windows 10 Support
    128 MB other partition: Does anyone know what these 128 MB "other partitions" are that show up with Partition Wizard ? They do not show up in Disk Management. I`d like to delete them if possible. If it`s nothing to worry about, then I`ll just leave them be. Thanks, Brian *Smile 83251