Windows 10: Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,...

Discus and support Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This issue's been happening since 2022 for me. The goofy guy I am decided to just deal with it and use different ways to handle these kind of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ItsKondz Gaming, Aug 11, 2024.

1. Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,...

This issue's been happening since 2022 for me. The goofy guy I am decided to just deal with it and use different ways to handle these kind of situations. I haven't done a disk fragment yet, and if you're wondering, I tried many solutions to fix it, but they never worked. Aside from disk fragments, how the hell do I fix the issue I'm currently facing? It hasn't irritated me until my videos, images, and microsoft store stopped working.Additional info: My file explorer stops responding, but not in a way where it becomes white like other programs do when they dont respond. Rather, my mouse cursor

:)

ItsKondz Gaming, Aug 11, 2024
  2. kd833 Win User

Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified Explorer's view options to not display thumbnails or icons of the files. But that had no effect. Is it that Explorer is attempting to read the content of these exe files to display the embedded images regardless of how I configure Explorer to operate? Is there anything that can be done to make Explorer display these files faster?

kd833, Aug 11, 2024
  3. CuriousD Win User
    Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder

Hello. Recently, I had two instances when Windows Explorer stopped responding when I tried to access a folder. The first time, it seemed to focus on two video files and when I deleted the files, the folder was fine. The next time, I could not access the folder. I could access my back up on the NAS drive, but Windows Explorer would stop responding when I tried to access the folder on my secondary hard drive on the computer. I deleted the folder and copied the folder from the NAS drive to the secondary drive, but it yielded the same problem. I renamed the folder and I am now able to access the folder.

Do these two instances suggest a problem with my hard drive or with my current state of Windows 10?

Thanks for your input.

CuriousD, Aug 11, 2024
  4. Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,...

Windows 10 : File explorer no responding

We appreciate your time and effort in getting back to us. Sorry for the delay in responding

Are you still facing the issue?

Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC on the keyboard.
    • Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to access the Command Prompt, type cmd and press Enter. Run the following command.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.

• Click Update and Recovery

• Check for updates under Windows Updates.
    Let us know the status if the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 11, 2024
Thema:

Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,...

1. Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,... - Similar Threads - Hey explorer stops

2. Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,...: This issue's been happening since 2022 for me. The goofy guy I am decided to just deal with it and use different ways to handle these kind of situations. I haven't done a disk fragment yet, and if you're wondering, I tried many solutions to fix it, but they never worked....
  3. Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,...: This issue's been happening since 2022 for me. The goofy guy I am decided to just deal with it and use different ways to handle these kind of situations. I haven't done a disk fragment yet, and if you're wondering, I tried many solutions to fix it, but they never worked....
  4. file explorer crashes or stop responding when i right click on image after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer crashes or stop responding when i right click on image after windows 11 update: I updated my windows to the latest 22h2 version and now whenever I right-click on an image the file explorer stops responding and crashes after some time. When I right-click on folders or anywhere else I am not facing any issues. Also is there a way to hide the thumbnail icon...
  5. file explorer crashes or stop responding when i right click on image after windows 11 update

file explorer crashes or stop responding when i right click on image after windows 11 update: I updated my windows to the latest 22h2 version and now whenever I right-click on an image the file explorer stops responding and crashes after some time. When I right-click on folders or anywhere else I am not facing any issues. Also is there a way to hide the thumbnail icon...
  6. File Explorer stops responding when i select/try to open/right click .exe Files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer stops responding when i select/try to open/right click .exe Files.: Hello, recently when i try to select/right click/try to open .exe files the Windows loading cursor appears and windows explorer stops responding, sometimes i can just close it by hovering over explorer and press the X and close it, sometimes i have to open taskmgr and end...
  7. File explorer - stops responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer - stops responding: Hello everybody, I need your assistance please . When i launch file explorer on my Windows 10 machine, it stops responding freezes . I have tried the below troubleshooting steps without any joy. Killed the program in the task manager, tried to relaunch again Control...
  8. File Explorer stops responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer stops responding: The issue occurs when I am trying to access File Explorer using any 3rd party software. It might be Zoom, Viber or even Chrome. I have to reboot the system to start it working again...
  9. Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files: I was going through my files doing some organization yesterday and it was going fine, but every time I even clicked on a couple specific files, explorer would freeze completely. So far they're only word files and it's the same ones every time, but it's not happening with all...
  10. Stop Cortana responding to "hey"?

Stop Cortana responding to "hey"?: When I play music, Cortana gets activated three or four times per hour by responding to what the algorithm interprets as "hey" (even if it's entirely instrumental music). I haven't yet seen a false activation interpretation of "hey Cortana". Is there any way to stop Cortana...