Windows 10: Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings

Discus and support Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows security application just hangs with a black window, and after a while it complains that Windows Security Service could not be started. i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Phile07, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Phile07 Win User

Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings

Windows security application just hangs with a black window, and after a while it complains that Windows Security Service could not be started. i have tried wscvsc registry but it's not working. Please can anyone help me out

:)

Phile07, Apr 25, 2024
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Apr 25, 2024
  4. Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings

File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Apr 25, 2024
Thema:

Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings

1. Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings - Similar Threads - Hey cannot access

2. I cannot access Windows Security setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access Windows Security setting.: when I want to open any of the Windows Security Settings It gives this error: "Page not available. Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."...
  3. I cannot access Windows Security setting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access Windows Security setting.: when I want to open any of the Windows Security Settings It gives this error: "Page not available. Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."...
  4. Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings: Windows security application just hangs with a black window, and after a while it complains that Windows Security Service could not be started. i have tried wscvsc registry but it's not working. Please can anyone help me out...
  5. Cannot access my computers security settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access my computers security settings: When ever I try to change a setting in my Widows 11 Security settings a I get the following pop up message: "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." I am...
  6. Cannot access my computers security settings

Cannot access my computers security settings: When ever I try to change a setting in my Widows 11 Security settings a I get the following pop up message: "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." I am...
  7. I cannot access privacy and security settings on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access privacy and security settings on Windows 11: I am unable to access my Privacy and Security settings, after a fresh windows install. I had a problem installing your latest cumulative update, so had to do a full Windows reinstall, I now get the following error message when trying to access my Privacy and Security...
  8. I cannot access privacy and security settings on Windows 11

I cannot access privacy and security settings on Windows 11: I am unable to access my Privacy and Security settings, after a fresh windows install. I had a problem installing your latest cumulative update, so had to do a full Windows reinstall, I now get the following error message when trying to access my Privacy and Security...
  9. windows security cannot be access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security cannot be access: Pengaturan di windows security tidak bisa di akses/tidak bisa di pencet, dan microsoft tidak bisa digunakan karena di notice berada di device lain akan tetapi masih berada di device yang sama, terjadi karena setelah claim service dan garansi....
  10. windows security cannot be access

windows security cannot be access: Pengaturan di windows security tidak bisa di akses/tidak bisa di pencet, dan microsoft tidak bisa digunakan karena di notice berada di device lain akan tetapi masih berada di device yang sama, terjadi karena setelah claim service dan garansi....