Windows 10: Help with removing a complex rat

Discus and support Help with removing a complex rat in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm currently on Windows 10 and there's a process running, which I only noticed due to Process Hacker. It's unsigned and packed, with a thread running.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fleodon Jr, May 22, 2024.

1. Help with removing a complex rat

I'm currently on Windows 10 and there's a process running, which I only noticed due to Process Hacker. It's unsigned and packed, with a thread running. In Process Hacker I can view the file location, but there's nothing there. However, when I list all directories in CMD, it's there, but I can't delete it. I've tried giving myself access to it, and some user named "logon" has access. When I leave the folder and try to find it in Explorer, it doesn't exist. No antivirus can pick it up, and if I do a factory reset or use a USB, it's back. What can I do? Also, I can't remove the remote user becau

:)

Fleodon Jr, May 22, 2024

2. How to Remove RAT

I'm not sure if these Revenge-RAT v0.3 file detections have anything to do with what you are having:

What is this exe file? Is this file safe? Check here

When you're clicking on the red "Not trusted" you'll see more details and also links to respective VirusTotal scans.

Suggestion to run the Emsisoft Emergency Kit, see item 3 here:
    List of Malware Removal Tools

Perhaps it's best to ask for free expert help in a specialized forum, see i.e. here:

Might be best to do a clean reinstall, please do read through
    this
    thread.

Jsssssssss, May 22, 2024
  3. FrankF2 Win User
    Will defender remove the rat virus?

I received an email stating that my computer is infected with a rat virus and requesting money to remove it? How do i check this and remove it?

FrankF2, May 22, 2024
  4. Help with removing a complex rat

How to Remove RAT

Help!

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help with a problem I recently encountered with Rats.

so I found a remote administrative tool (RAT) called RevengeRAT while using a program called WinDirStat when I found the directory

C:\RevengeRAT

immediately after seeing this I knew I had a rat and went to delete it, doing this proved it was a virus containing a folder called
    Images filled with files and a few days before I looked up from another device to see my camera was switched on and I definitely didn't switch it on. After doing some research I discovered that the creator was an Arab going by the name Napoleon and
    was planning to start selling the rat money in underground hacking forums. Searching for a way to remove this I was brought the answer of spyhunter but I need to pay for that to remove things which I'm not doing for a one time use so the only other option
    I could think of is to re-install windows 10 but I have no space and can't make enough space to re-install so if anyone knows another solution please let me know

Screenshots:

WinDirStat C drive analysis

Help with removing a complex rat 94663e6b-88a2-4ea3-8770-ef7f96075a31?upload=true.png

My C drive (Where the rat is located)

Help with removing a complex rat 5d902f66-2e19-415d-94bf-e5fdbd04120c?upload=true.png

[Original Title: Rats]

CameronBell1, May 22, 2024
Thema:

Help with removing a complex rat

1. Help with removing a complex rat - Similar Threads - Help removing complex

2. Help with removing a complex rat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with removing a complex rat: I'm currently on Windows 10 and there's a process running, which I only noticed due to Process Hacker. It's unsigned and packed, with a thread running. In Process Hacker I can view the file location, but there's nothing there. However, when I list all directories in CMD, it's...
  3. Help with removing a complex rat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help with removing a complex rat: I'm currently on Windows 10 and there's a process running, which I only noticed due to Process Hacker. It's unsigned and packed, with a thread running. In Process Hacker I can view the file location, but there's nothing there. However, when I list all directories in CMD, it's...
  4. How to remove Complex ACE Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Complex ACE Security: hello dears,How to remove Complex ACE Security while i want to make a crawle by SharePoint 2016 standard half of files is not crawling because of Complex ACE Security so please how can I How to remove Complex ACE Security on my files mostly are PDF...
  5. How to remove Complex ACE Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Complex ACE Security: hello dears,How to remove Complex ACE Security while i want to make a crawle by SharePoint 2016 standard half of files is not crawling because of Complex ACE Security so please how can I How to remove Complex ACE Security on my files mostly are PDF...
  6. Need help with RAT on my laptop

Need help with RAT on my laptop: Hi Microsoft people, I need help pretty quick. Recently I installed an exe and it made a RAT go on my laptop and the people have remote access, I've factory reset it or wiped the partitions a few times but it didn't help, I have an HP Pavilion gaming laptop hopefully I can...
  7. Need help with RAT on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with RAT on my laptop: Hi Microsoft people, I need help pretty quick. Recently I installed an exe and it made a RAT go on my laptop and the people have remote access, I've factory reset it or wiped the partitions a few times but it didn't help, I have an HP Pavilion gaming laptop hopefully I can...
  8. ratting

ratting: So my old pc was ratted so I factory rest it 2-3 times and ran malware bytes and it still seems to be ratted is there anything I can do to make sure that its 100% off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ratting/8a0a6945-d64e-4739-bc25-99c63a436242
  9. does disabling internet stop a RAT? or how to completely remove a RAT?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does disabling internet stop a RAT? or how to completely remove a RAT?: so my pc is infected with a RAT im pretty sure, and i scanned my pc with malwarebytes and it detected some stuff that appears to be the rat. though im not 100% sure if everything is gone. and i heard disabling the internet will stop the hacker from accessing your computer. is...
  10. Ratted, pls help!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ratted, pls help!!: I got ratted. As soon as I open my pc, the attacker takes control and prevents me from doing anything. What can i do?? submitted by /u/OliDaKilla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9j3dm/ratted_pls_help/