Windows 10: help i want to turn off virtual machine services but it shows me an error

Discus and support help i want to turn off virtual machine services but it shows me an error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when i try to disable the feature windows and is shearching for required file it stop shearching and says the error code : 0x800F0831... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nemo Nottoc-Relum, Jul 29, 2024.

1. help i want to turn off virtual machine services but it shows me an error

when i try to disable the feature windows and is shearching for required file it stop shearching and says the error code : 0x800F0831

:)

Nemo Nottoc-Relum, Jul 29, 2024

2. SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ?

i have new samsung galaxy book 2 pro and I have installed a vm ware. I keep getting the error of SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ? IT from work has worked on this all week and as well as myself. Going through all the steps listed for virtual machine error . Installing uninstalling removing anit-virus software with no fix. I would appreciate any suggestions

Andrea Frame, Jul 29, 2024
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 29, 2024
  4. help i want to turn off virtual machine services but it shows me an error

Virtual disk service wont start

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest on Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I suggest you to start the Virtual Disk Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Services Window, look for Virtual Disk service and
      Stop
      it.
    • Restart the computer and Start the Virtual Disk
      service and set it to Automatic.
    • Restart the computer and it check if it works.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 29, 2024
Thema:

help i want to turn off virtual machine services but it shows me an error

1. help i want to turn off virtual machine services but it shows me an error - Similar Threads - help turn off

2. help i want to turn off virtual machine services but it shows me an error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help i want to turn off virtual machine services but it shows me an error: when i try to disable the feature windows and is shearching for required file it stop shearching and says the error code : 0x800F0831 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-i-want-to-turn-off-virtual-machine-services/fd8d3a92-5e8e-4a8e-a501-d0e85c4e90b0
  3. I can't turn the virtual machine platform on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn the virtual machine platform on.: I am trying to turn the virtual machine platform and windows subsystem for linux on from Turn Windows features on or off , it show me the its successfully updated but need to restart, so when i do the restart it shows me that windows couldn't update features and its will undo...
  4. I can't turn the virtual machine platform on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't turn the virtual machine platform on.: I am trying to turn the virtual machine platform and windows subsystem for linux on from Turn Windows features on or off , it show me the its successfully updated but need to restart, so when i do the restart it shows me that windows couldn't update features and its will undo...
  5. I can't turn the virtual machine platform on.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How to turn off virtual machine platform feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off virtual machine platform feature: I turned on virtual machine platform feature and it restarted the pc. while it restarting it stuck at 35% and in few seconds got bluescreen now i cant boot windows it keep getting bluescreen and bootlooping. i went to advance startup menu and tried to turn off virtual machine...
  7. How to turn off virtual machine platform feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off virtual machine platform feature: I turned on virtual machine platform feature and it restarted the pc. while it restarting it stuck at 35% and in few seconds got bluescreen now i cant boot windows it keep getting bluescreen and bootlooping. i went to advance startup menu and tried to turn off virtual machine...
  8. Virtual Machine Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Machine Help: Back when I first started using VMs, everything was fine at first. But when I reinstalled Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine and then when I use it the whole desktop doesnt work anymore. Explorer.exe keeps on freezing, File Explorer won't open, and it always does the same thing...
  9. I want to make a virtual machine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to make a virtual machine.: Hi, I want to make a virtual machine in Windows 10. I have not made a virtual machine before and I don't know how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-make-a-virtual-machine/1a0d4a22-85b6-46a3-b038-b9ed7bea2a55
  10. Virtual Machine Platform Windows not available to turn on in "Turn Windows Features on or Off"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Machine Platform Windows not available to turn on in "Turn Windows Features on or Off": [ATTACH] I am On windows 10 2004. Virtual Machine Platform Windows not available to turn on in "Turn Windows Features on or Off." I need it for WSL. https://preview.redd.it/5qi8h5ejtv951.png?width=613&format=png&auto=webp&s=91e8f69cf81d24f28b51b177f47f6da12921bb68...