Windows 10: Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues...

Discus and support Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone, My laptop have this problem where it can only connect to the internet by doing "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew". Whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by It's Stronkz, Jul 6, 2024.

1. Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues...

Hello everyone, My laptop have this problem where it can only connect to the internet by doing "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew". Whenever I turn it off and then turn it on again or restarting, my device will not connect to the internet until I do the mentioned command. I've been doing this for weeks and even made a shortcut for the commands for quick access. I also tried different methods from the internet to solve this problem but never found a permanent solution. My device: Machenike L16A with IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz.

:)

It's Stronkz, Jul 6, 2024

2. Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues in Windows 8.1

Hi Jpaz90,

try to connect the 2nd PC to the router via a network cable and check if the problem occurs again.
    If not, try performing a network reset on the Desktop PC:

Open CMD or PowerShell and run as an administrator, copy and paste the following commands by pressing enter at the end of each command line:

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

netsh advfirewall reset

ipconfig
    / flushdns

ipconfig
    / release

ipconfig
    / renew

Close and restart the computer at the end of all commands.

franco d'esaro, Jul 6, 2024
  3. Jpaz90 Win User
    Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues in Windows 8.1

Hello everyone,

I'm having a very annoying problem. I have a Desktop PC with a Biostar TA790GX A3+ motherboard and a Realtek RTL 8111DL ethernet adapter. It runs Windows 8.1. It's connected physically via ethernet to the ISP's router.

When I start the pc 60% of the times I have to ipconfig /release and renew to restore the network functionality. The router is connected but no internet access is available until I do this procedure. I even created an automatic script to perform this actions
    since it's so repetitive, and have it binded to a hotkey.

This procedure has to be done nearly 5 to 10 minutes later again. It wrecks my online games because of getting kicked out of games due to connectivity issues. Strangely when I'm on a discord voice channel with a friend and constantly talking this doesn't
    seem to happen a lot.

I have tried updating the bios, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and various fixes in the command prompt that I saw recommended from similar posts but none have seem to fix the issue.

It doesn't seem to happen on the phone's wifi or other devices (I have a second PC via wifi connected to the same router), which makes me sure the issue is in the PC's configuration and ethernet connection.

Please help me, it's really taking a toll on my patience and am considering buying a new lan card if I don't seem to fix it.

Jpaz90, Jul 6, 2024
  4. DRN2018 Win User

Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues...

Cannot ipconfig /renew

Whenever I try to ipconfig /renew (after ipconfig /release), it takes a long time and then it says that "An error occurred while renewing interface Npcap Loopback Adapter: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has been timed out" Any suggestions
    on how to fix this?

DRN2018, Jul 6, 2024
Thema:

Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues...

1. Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues... - Similar Threads - Help Constantly ipconfig

2. Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues...: Hello everyone, My laptop have this problem where it can only connect to the internet by doing "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew". Whenever I turn it off and then turn it on again or restarting, my device will not connect to the internet until I do the mentioned...
  3. Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues...: Hello everyone, My laptop have this problem where it can only connect to the internet by doing "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew". Whenever I turn it off and then turn it on again or restarting, my device will not connect to the internet until I do the mentioned...
  4. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is...
  5. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is...
  6. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...: After trying everything to solve an issue with discord I did ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew and now I cant connect to my wifi as it does not find the ip adress...
  7. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...: After trying everything to solve an issue with discord I did ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew and now I cant connect to my wifi as it does not find the ip adress...
  8. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

9. IPConfig /release and /renew throughout network

IPConfig /release and /renew throughout network: Hi, I apologise if this problem has been solved anywhere. I did do a search for it but there didn't seem to be any complete solutions as far as I could see. Around a week ago, a colleague's computer would not connect to the internet (although was connected to the...
  10. Need to cmd command prompt ipconfig release and renew

Need to cmd command prompt ipconfig release and renew: Hi, suddely I cannot get internet access unless I do the cmd command prompt ip config release and renew everytime I turn on laptop. This has just started after I purchased Malwarbytes Premium. Could it be connected, if not anyone have any solutions. Thanks 90804