Windows 10: Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has...

Discus and support Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has 11.73 gB but using admin login I dont get access to it. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sanjay Kulkarni1, Jul 2, 2024 at 6:57 AM.

1. Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has...

Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has 11.73 gB but using admin login I dont get access to it. Can Anyone help?

:)

Sanjay Kulkarni1, Jul 2, 2024 at 6:57 AM
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

3. Disk 0 partition 5 becomes drive D: after drive C: extension

I wanted to extend my C: drive, so I shrunk my D: and used AOMEI Partition Assistant to move the unallocated partition from D: beside C: and merge them. So far everything has worked well, except for the fact that disk 0 partition 5, whose position I moved
    using AOMEI in order to extend my C:, now becomes a primary partition, D:. What used to be my D: drive now becomes F:, but I don't find any data loss so it's okay.

However, I'm concerned that my data recovery might be in trouble as Disk 0 partition 5 used to be labeled as an OEM Partition. Below is the picture of my disks after partition + reboot.

Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has... ab415120-40b0-427a-b5ea-f19d99938fb5?upload=true.png

I hope everything is okay as the original OEM files seem to still be in the new D:. If I open the drive, there is only one seemingly empty $Recycle.Bin folder (see picture below). Even after showing hidden items, nothing is shown, but some space is still
    occupied.

Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has... 3baa7157-229a-4f5d-aa1f-793e4da5b9a6?upload=true.png

I'm guessing that I accidentally initiated the creation of drive D: when I moved it in AOMEI. May I ask if everything's alright? Any suggestions on what to do (or not to do)?

AngelaTan12, Jul 2, 2024 at 7:03 AM
  4. Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has...

How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

1. Right-click on the partition (in your case, Data) and select
    Delete Volume.

2. When the prompt appears click Yes.

3. The partition will now display as Unallocated.

4. Now, right-click on C: Drive and select Extend Volume.

5. Click on Next. If you wish to extend all the unallocated partition to C: drive, then click
    Next otherwise next to select the amount of space in MB
    text box type in the space (in MB) to merge with C: drive.

6. Click on Finish.

Note: In disk management, D: drive must be next to the C: drive on the right-side only then you can extend C: drive.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 2, 2024 at 7:03 AM
Thema:

Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has...

1. Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has... - Similar Threads - Hello support team

2. Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has...: Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has 11.73 gB but using admin login I dont get access to it. Can Anyone help?...
  3. Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has...: Hello support team, I need some help with extending the c: drive. Disk 0 partition 5 has 11.73 gB but using admin login I dont get access to it. Can Anyone help?...
  4. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending the C Drive Partition: I have 368.10GB free on the installed M.2 drive however I am unable to extend the "Boot Drive C:" partition within it. I have tried multiple things but I would like to avoid reinstalling windows if possible. The "Extend Partition" option is always greyed out. Please advise....
  5. Extending the C Drive Partition

Extending the C Drive Partition: I have 368.10GB free on the installed M.2 drive however I am unable to extend the "Boot Drive C:" partition within it. I have tried multiple things but I would like to avoid reinstalling windows if possible. The "Extend Partition" option is always greyed out. Please advise....
  6. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I need help to Extend my C drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help to Extend my C drive.: I have 800GB Of unallocated space. However I would like to extend the C Drive by 60 GB. However then I cick on the C drive Partition. The "Extend" option is grayed out and I can't select it. submitted by /u/jedimaster1uke [link] [comments]...
  8. Disk 0 partition 5 becomes drive D: after drive C: extension

Disk 0 partition 5 becomes drive D: after drive C: extension: I wanted to extend my C: drive, so I shrunk my D: and used AOMEI Partition Assistant to move the unallocated partition from D: beside C: and merge them. So far everything has worked well, except for the fact that disk 0 partition 5, whose position I moved using AOMEI in order...
  9. Need more space in Disk 0 C drive

Need more space in Disk 0 C drive: Hello: I need more space in my Disk 0, C drive which is my main partition for applications; then I have Disk 2 D drive where all my data are stored. Because I use a lot graphic development software I am running out of space in C drive and need more space. I know I can't move...
  10. Disk Partition Tool can't extend C

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Partition Tool can't extend C: My desktop computer has a few hard drives in it and for some reason C: is on the second disk. It's maxed out and needs to be made bigger. I've uninstalled everything but have failed to make enough space to even backup my phone (Silly iTunes insists on using C*Smile I've...