Windows 10: Headset playing sound through microphone

Discus and support Headset playing sound through microphone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Miauw123, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Miauw123 Win User

Headset playing sound through microphone

Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it stops so the problems is something inbetween?3. I reinstalled the drivers4. I checked various settings on and off on the microphone and headsetI think the cable is the problem here, but it doesnt make sense that a cable makes the headset play the audio through the microphone, even if it isnt plugged in.If someone can

:)

Miauw123, Oct 27, 2022
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset playing sound through microphone :p

cadaveca, Oct 27, 2022
  3. Headset not playing sounds after mute and unmute

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Did you connect your headset to any other device and check if the issue re-occurs?
    I suggest you to set your headset as default and check.To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Type sound in the search bar.

• Right click on
      headset/microphone
      , click on default.
    If issue persists,

As you said with other headset it is working fine,so,the issue might occur with your headset only.

In that case, I recommend you to contact the headset support.

You can also refer this article

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 27, 2022
  4. Headset playing sound through microphone

microphone

Since you're using an external headset/microphone, we suggest using a different headset to test if the same issue will occur. You can also run the built-in troubleshooter for hardware and sound by following the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type troubleshoot.
    • Open the Control Panel app from the search result.
    • Under Troubleshoot computer problems, click Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Playing Audio to run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen guide

We will wait for an update.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 27, 2022
Thema:

Headset playing sound through microphone

1. Headset playing sound through microphone - Similar Threads - Headset playing sound

2. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,: So I recently got my headset back, and only static plays through the left earmuff, and when I plug in the mic into the headset, it plays my voice and anything the mic hears. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my PC, and following tutorials but nothing works. Please...
  3. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,: So I recently got my headset back, and only static plays through the left earmuff, and when I plug in the mic into the headset, it plays my voice and anything the mic hears. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my PC, and following tutorials but nothing works. Please...
  4. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  6. Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.: I recently got a USB microphone, which seems to work really well. It has an audio jack that allows me to hear what it's picking up, and my computer's audio through the microphone. However, since using it the first time, my computer's had trouble outputting audio. There have...
  7. System audio/sound plays through microphone

System audio/sound plays through microphone: Hi Microsoft, I have been trying this issue for a while, this is going to be my last resort. Basically, my headset Mic picks up anything that is playing in my computer. no, There is no audio bleed from the headphones & if I am in a call in a discord for eg. they can hear...
  8. Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.

Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.: I have a headset that works fine on another device, but for some reason on my desktop, no matter what port I use, all the audio from the desktop gets played through the microphone and the microphone is really quiet and muffled. The only way you can hear anything from the...
  9. System sound plays through microphone some times

System sound plays through microphone some times: System audio is being played through my microphone, its not being picked up because, one I'm wearing headphones and two it even happens when my mic is muted. The weird thing is it only happens when using the audio jacks on the front of my pc, and not when using the ones in...
  10. Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic

Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic: I have an Astro A40 headset that has worked fine for me for over a year now. But, all of a sudden the last month it has started echoing and often playing my internal sounds game Im playing or youtube video Im watching through my mic. I have done everything I can like...