Windows 10: Headset mic issue after Windows update

Discus and support Headset mic issue after Windows update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ALT TITLE: After Windows update, Realtek "Headphone" setting does not detect headset mic, while "Headset" setting detects mic but picks up computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iecrr, Apr 8, 2022.

1. iecrr Win User

Headset mic issue after Windows update

ALT TITLE: After Windows update, Realtek "Headphone" setting does not detect headset mic, while "Headset" setting detects mic but picks up computer soundsI have a headset with a 3.5mm jack and a laptop with a single audio/mic jack so I'm not using a splitter.The microphone of the headset was working properly before, in which the analog option in the advanced settings of Realtek audio console was set to "Headphone" instead of "Headset". However, after updating my Windows PC on July 9, 2021, it stopped detecting the headset's mic and now uses the laptop's mic. If I set the Realtek audio con

:)

iecrr, Apr 8, 2022
  2. fireberd Win User

Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, Apr 8, 2022
  3. Dragondog Win User
    G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

I have no problem with the audio, only with the mic.

I don't have another headset to check with.

I am having this issue in all games and applications.

Dragondog, Apr 8, 2022
  4. Zoladex Win User

Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

Zoladex, Apr 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Headset mic issue after Windows update - Similar Threads - Headset mic issue

2. Mic issues after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic issues after update: Hello,I use my microphone daily for work and today after the windows update the microphone is suddenly registering only around 30% volume despite the setting turned up to 100%. I cannot use my microphone the shure mv7 so I tried my other microphone apogee hype mic and both...
  3. Mic issues after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic issues after update: Hello,I use my microphone daily for work and today after the windows update the microphone is suddenly registering only around 30% volume despite the setting turned up to 100%. I cannot use my microphone the shure mv7 so I tried my other microphone apogee hype mic and both...
  4. Mic issues after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.: Hi, I am facing an issue regarding the connection of my mic. I am using headphones that have built in mic within them and the headphones use a 3.5 mm jack. Earlier when I used to connect them, my laptop asked me if I wanted to use them as a headphone or a headset and I chose...
  6. Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.: Hi, I am facing an issue regarding the connection of my mic. I am using headphones that have built in mic within them and the headphones use a 3.5 mm jack. Earlier when I used to connect them, my laptop asked me if I wanted to use them as a headphone or a headset and I chose...
  7. Headset mic issue after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic issue after Windows update: ALT TITLE: After Windows update, Realtek "Headphone" setting does not detect headset mic, while "Headset" setting detects mic but picks up computer soundsI have a headset with a 3.5mm jack and a laptop with a single audio/mic jack so I'm not using a splitter.The microphone of...
  8. Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue

Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue: I bought a bluetooth headphone MPOW X 4.0 and when I connected it to my Dell Computer, in the sound tab, I viewed two audios stereo and hands free when I chose stereo no sound was coming through the headphone and the mic was not working. And when I chose hands free audio, the...
  9. Headset mic issues.

Headset mic issues.: So just today I got a PDP Headset. It has a mic on it, and I can confirm the mic itself works just fine I tried it on my sister's laptop but it only makes blip noises on my laptop. No actual audio pickup. I've been trying for around 4-5 hours now and I've tried installing...
  10. logitech headset mic no longer working after windows update

logitech headset mic no longer working after windows update: an update comes out for windows idk 3days ago and my headset mic straight up stopped working i know pretty well how this **** works aswell and ive tried every fix possible but nothing works until i install the logitech software ...... then its like windows recognises my...