Windows 10: Headset Aux input not recognized

Discus and support Headset Aux input not recognized in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I use Dell Inspiron 3543 and recently purchased Alcatroz X Craft HP Gold bluetooth headset, It supports bluetooth 4.0 and I have paired it to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sazeenirshan1, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Headset Aux input not recognized

Hi,I use Dell Inspiron 3543 and recently purchased Alcatroz X Craft HP Gold bluetooth headset, It supports bluetooth 4.0 and I have paired it to the laptop, but when I use the microphone of the headset, the sound gets distorted, which is how wireless headsets work, but when I connect it to the laptop with the aux cable, the sound works but it doesn't recognize that there is a headset connected, and the microphone of the headset does not work at all, I tried with the Y splitter and still haveing same results, the computer doesn't recognize any output or input devices connected to the audio jack

:)

sazeenirshan1, Jul 17, 2022
  2. JohnnyGui Win User

Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?

Hello,

I have a JBL Live 500BT headset and the microphone works flawlessly when the headset is connected over bluetooth.

However, when connecting the headset through AUX with the 3.5mm jack, and confirming it's a headset when asked by Realtek, only the headphones work and Windows claims there is no sound input device.

It's not even working if i connect the headset to the PC's a microphone jack and set the device as a microphone device.

The AUX cable does have a secondary microphone but that one only works when the headset is connected to a phone.

Is it normal that a bluetooth headset's built-in microphone does not work when the AUX cable is used?

JohnnyGui, Jul 17, 2022
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Aux input problems.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your system?
    2. Which build of Windows 10 is running on your system? To check that, click on
      Start, type winver and press
      Enter.
    3. Was there any change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    4. Are you able to hear the audio through your external speakers?
    5. Do you receive any prompt or error message when you connect your external speakers into the auxiliary input?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article to

Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    , please refer the section ‘Set default device’ and check if it is useful to you.

Note: The steps are also applicable for connecting an audio device using Aux port.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jul 17, 2022
  4. JohnnyGui Win User

Headset Aux input not recognized

Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?

Yes I have but it's still too low.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

So I think I found the culprit. The cable itself I connect the headset with has a low-quality built-in mic as well.
    Connecting the headset with that cable into the microphone aux enables that mic instead of the mic built in the headset.

I was thinking of buying an aux cable without a built-in mic but I'd then need something like the following which I can't find anywhere.

Headset Aux input not recognized [​IMG]

Does such a cable actually exist?

JohnnyGui, Jul 17, 2022
Thema:

Headset Aux input not recognized

1. Headset Aux input not recognized - Similar Threads - Headset Aux input

2. Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset: Hello, i bought a new xbox one controller today for my Windows PC. But when i use it wireless the audio doesn't recognize the xbox, so the headset doesn't get recognized. When i connect it with the USB C cable the audio gets recognized. But i want to use the wireless function...
  3. Headset Aux input not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Aux input not recognized: Hi,I use Dell Inspiron 3543 and recently purchased Alcatroz X Craft HP Gold bluetooth headset, It supports bluetooth 4.0 and I have paired it to the laptop, but when I use the microphone of the headset, the sound gets distorted, which is how wireless headsets work, but when I...
  4. Video Input with Aux Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Input with Aux Port: Is there a way to use a video input using an aux cord? A camera I have has an aux cord output and I want to see if I can register it as a camera. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-input-with-port/288385ba-7349-4aa7-8219-ad6188525670
  5. Computer not recognizing headset and mic input, and mic not working

Computer not recognizing headset and mic input, and mic not working: My laptop is a Dell Latitude E5540, and my headset is the PDP LVL 40 headset. It has a 3.5mm TRRS jack, so it is supposed to have the input for the mic on it. I plug this into my computer, no pop-up dialog shows up. Adding on to that, I checked Settings and found that the...
  6. speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux

speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux: Till today i was having no issues with my speakers, earphones and headset but today when I plugged my earphones into the pc it did not work, I tried the other aux and headphones on both auxes and it did not work. Please look into the problem both the aux are not working...
  7. Aux input settings

Aux input settings: I just got a new mic that plugs into my AUX jack on my laptop. But when I plug it in I don't get a pop up asking if I plugged in a Mic, Headset, or Line in because I accidentally checked the box that says to not show this again. So the computer just automatically assumes I...
  8. Headset is not recognized as input device?

Headset is not recognized as input device?: I have the Corsair HS 35 if the info is of use. And I hear with the headset everything only nimmand hears me. [ATTACH] Headset wird als eingabegerät nicht erkannt?
  9. Aux input problems.

Aux input problems.: Good day, my auxiliary input on my pc works but I cannot select which input device to use when I plug in my external speakers. It used to give me a window which allowed me to select external speakers/headphones and then the size as well for example small, medium or large. Any...
  10. PC won't recognize aux port

PC won't recognize aux port: I recently bought a new monitor and graphics card, and the speakers I've been using with my computer for almost two years suddenly stopped working. My computer won't even recognize that they're plugged in (they use the 3.5 mm jack), also won't recognize that I have a...