Windows 10: headset and speaker detected as headphones in windows 11

Discus and support headset and speaker detected as headphones in windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my laptop is detecting speakers and headset as headphones , is there a way to change this , also there was a auto pop up box wen i used to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jamesvarughese, Nov 5, 2021.

1. headset and speaker detected as headphones in windows 11

my laptop is detecting speakers and headset as headphones , is there a way to change this , also there was a auto pop up box wen i used to connect audio devices so i could chose which audio device it was , in windows 11 its not asking ?

:)

jamesvarughese, Nov 5, 2021

2. Headset Detected as Speakers.

headset and speaker detected as headphones in windows 11 1abdc272-2064-4836-b996-2b9ff067c5f3.png
    I
    have an edifier speaker working... I tried to add up a headset using the front jack... My speaker stopped working and my headphones are detected as speakers. I even tried to change it from the audio manager, to confirm it is selected as headphones not as speakers.
    But it stills appear in the playback devices as speakers... I even tried to transfer my headset jack to rear from front and removed my speakers. The result is still the same, I can only use either my speakers or headset because they are overlapping each other
    as both speakers. Even though my Asus monitor HDMI speaker is detected properly. I am using windows 10 and ROG MOBO. I know this is an old issue but still an issue for me. Need help.

Plugged into:

LINE OUT GREEN (REAR) and HEADPHONE JACK (Front)

Pierre Albert, Nov 5, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Nov 5, 2021
  4. headset and speaker detected as headphones in windows 11

Headphones Not Detected

Wasn't sure what topic to put this under.

Windows 10 refuses to detect my headphones from my headset. The mic is fine. The computer even recognizes when I plug the headphones of the headset in. But it refuses to detect them. I can go into my Sound in Control Panel all day, and there will NEVER be any
    headphones in that list. So, no, I cannot click headphones, just making that clear before someone suggests clicking on headphones.

How do I force Windows 10 to detect the headphones that I have plugged in, so that they will work? The jack is working fine. When I plug them in it gives me the pop-up letting me know that I plugged something into the jack. But that's the end of it. It will
    not detect the headphones. Nothing comes out of them. There are no headphones in the Sound list. There is nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Why does it register something is plugged in and then refuse to detect it?

Someone please figure out why Windows 10 simply cannot detect headphones and help me fix this so I can use my headset.

MorgothBauglir1, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

headset and speaker detected as headphones in windows 11

1. headset and speaker detected as headphones in windows 11 - Similar Threads - headset speaker detected

2. Headset detected as speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset detected as speakers: I recently bought the razer barracuda x 2022 version and it detected as speakers so i think thats why i can use my mic at all and the audio is low https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-detected-as-speakers/6c431597-4266-4cf1-a7a1-6ca8fbc4e2fc
  3. Headset detected as speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset detected as speakers: I recently bought the razer barracuda x 2022 version and it detected as speakers so i think thats why i can use my mic at all and the audio is low https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-detected-as-speakers/6c431597-4266-4cf1-a7a1-6ca8fbc4e2fc
  4. Headset detected as speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset only detected as "Headphones" not "Headset" - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset only detected as "Headphones" not "Headset" - Windows 11: ISSUE-- Bluetooth headset not detected by Windows 11 as "Headset"-- All headset devices only detected as "Headphones"-- Forced to use webcam microphone when using Zoom-- All headsets work on old laptop with Windows 10 and on Android 10 phone-- Headphones not listed in the...
  6. Headset only detected as "Headphones" not "Headset" - Windows 11

Headset only detected as "Headphones" not "Headset" - Windows 11: ISSUE-- Bluetooth headset not detected by Windows 11 as "Headset"-- All headset devices only detected as "Headphones"-- Forced to use webcam microphone when using Zoom-- All headsets work on old laptop with Windows 10 and on Android 10 phone-- Headphones not listed in the...
  7. Windows 11 Wired Speakers Detected as Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Wired Speakers Detected as Headphones: I am using a framework laptop which only has 1 audio jack. I recently got speakers to use for it they have left and right speakers as well as a subwoofer. I want to use some of the speaker enhancements for them but these are unavailable to me because windows is recognizing...
  8. Windows 11 Wired Speakers Detected as Headphones

Windows 11 Wired Speakers Detected as Headphones: I am using a framework laptop which only has 1 audio jack. I recently got speakers to use for it they have left and right speakers as well as a subwoofer. I want to use some of the speaker enhancements for them but these are unavailable to me because windows is recognizing...
  9. headset and speaker detected as headphones in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset and speaker detected as headphones in windows 11: my laptop is detecting speakers and headset as headphones , is there a way to change this , also there was a auto pop up box wen i used to connect audio devices so i could chose which audio device it was , in windows 11 its not asking ?...
  10. No speakers or headphones detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No speakers or headphones detected: Getting the error "dxd audio failed to initialize", I want to prevent this message closing the program or some way to bypass it. Running troubleshoot says there may be problem with audio device and sfc gives no error. Using desktop without sound card, heaphones or speakers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 11 show headphones headset separate devices playback devices Bluetooth headset

2. windows 11 only detects bluetooth speakers as headphones