Windows 10: Headphones not working: wireless and wired

Discus and support Headphones not working: wireless and wired in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yuma Sakurada Student, Sep 20, 2023.

1. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing on wireless earphones. it says theyre connected but when i play a video with sound, no audio comes out so its not a problem with the audio jack either so is it a problem in the sound card in the actual motherboard or something else.

:)

Yuma Sakurada Student, Sep 20, 2023

2. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 20, 2023
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    headphones

Hi,

Your headphones may require a specific driver or it has difficulties connecting to your Windows 10 that caused the error message that you're getting. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions for isolation:

• Are you using a wired or wireless headphone?
    • Can it be connected via bluetooth?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Sep 20, 2023
  4. kwb737 Win User

Headphones not working: wireless and wired

Wired Headphones work but device not showing.

I've got a bit of a annoyance. My wired headphones work just fine but the headphone icon does not show up so I can easily change between default devices. Anyone know how to fix this? I've enclosed a screenshot on what is showing and not showing.

Headphones not working: wireless and wired 343824d1629310206t-wired-headphones-work-but-device-not-showing-screenshot-8-.png

- - - Updated - - -

That's OK, I found a work around.

kwb737, Sep 20, 2023
Thema:

Headphones not working: wireless and wired

1. Headphones not working: wireless and wired - Similar Threads - Headphones working wireless

2. Microphone Not Working on Windows 11 with Wireless Neckband and Headphones and also wired ones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Not Working on Windows 11 with Wireless Neckband and Headphones and also wired ones.: I'm using windows 11 pro, and my wireless neckband and headphones work fine, but the microphone is not functioning correctly. I've tried enabling the mic in settings, allowing apps to access it, and updating/restarting the audio drivers, but the issue persists. During meeting...
  3. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working: wireless and wired: a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing...
  4. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earphones not working both wireless and wired!: When I plug my earphones in laptop everything works normally untill unless I remove them and plug-in then it stops working, nothing I can hear from my earphones neither from laptop spearkers. It seems laptop have detected the earphones but unfortunately it can't seem to...
  5. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

Earphones not working both wireless and wired!: When I plug my earphones in laptop everything works normally untill unless I remove them and plug-in then it stops working, nothing I can hear from my earphones neither from laptop spearkers. It seems laptop have detected the earphones but unfortunately it can't seem to...
  6. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. WIN 11 - Wired Headphone Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 11 - Wired Headphone Is Not Working: Hello, The sound device is not working when connecting a wired headphone if I started the system after sleep. I have to restart it again to consider the connected wired headphoneRegards,...
  8. WIN 11 - Wired Headphone Is Not Working

WIN 11 - Wired Headphone Is Not Working: Hello, The sound device is not working when connecting a wired headphone if I started the system after sleep. I have to restart it again to consider the connected wired headphoneRegards,...
  9. Wired Headphones work but device not showing.

Wired Headphones work but device not showing.: I've got a bit of a annoyance. My wired headphones work just fine but the headphone icon does not show up so I can easily change between default devices. Anyone know how to fix this? I've enclosed a screenshot on what is showing and not showing. - - - Updated - - - That's OK,...
  10. Wired Headphones not working/recognized

Wired Headphones not working/recognized: Hi there, So I had been using wired headphones for my computer for all my life. Recently one of my headphones had died so I was forced to use my wireless headphones AirPods for my computer. I recently just got a new pair of headphones and they do not work for me anymore....