Windows 10: headphones not recognized

Discus and support headphones not recognized in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Headphones are not recognized by realtek audio drivers. Tried everything from reinstalling drivers but didnot work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Saurabh Subedi, Aug 4, 2022.

1. headphones not recognized

Headphones are not recognized by realtek audio drivers. Tried everything from reinstalling drivers but didnot work.

:)

Saurabh Subedi, Aug 4, 2022

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 4, 2022
  3. AhriChan Win User
    Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Thanks for the Reply!,

So i tried the Troubleshooting option, but sadly it didnt help, it still was Quiet and the Headphones are still listed as 'Speakers' in the Sound Options, Screenshot:

headphones not recognized 83a5f9fe-bd83-4816-9bc0-aa31420d0faf.jpg

So i tried to do the Realtek Steps,

I opened the Realtek HD Audio Manager, then right clicked on the Green Jack (where my headphones are connected) but nothing happens.. I can double click and right click on it all-day, but nothing happens, nor any options open.

headphones not recognized 32e85868-94aa-4adb-a49f-9a020808e256.jpg

AhriChan, Aug 4, 2022
  4. headphones not recognized

[WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

headphones not recognized

1. headphones not recognized - Similar Threads - headphones recognized

2. Cant get headphones to work/get recognized as an input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant get headphones to work/get recognized as an input.: I'm using windows 11 and have audio working completely fine but it wont recognize my microphone attached to my headphones for any reason, randomly. I have a splitter cable that connects from my headphones into the 3.5mm audio out and microphone in. I have tried restarting,...
  3. Cant get headphones to work/get recognized as an input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant get headphones to work/get recognized as an input.: I'm using windows 11 and have audio working completely fine but it wont recognize my microphone attached to my headphones for any reason, randomly. I have a splitter cable that connects from my headphones into the 3.5mm audio out and microphone in. I have tried restarting,...
  4. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones: I recently bought a used pc with windows 10 and I've been having issues with the audio. I've tried many different headphones but the only one that would work is if it was plugged into the usb port. Anytime something is plugged into the headphone jack, the pc does not...
  5. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones: I recently bought a used pc with windows 10 and I've been having issues with the audio. I've tried many different headphones but the only one that would work is if it was plugged into the usb port. Anytime something is plugged into the headphone jack, the pc does not...
  6. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

7. Headphones recognized as speakers when connected via Jack 3.5mm cable Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones recognized as speakers when connected via Jack 3.5mm cable Windows 11: I am experiencing an issue with my PC where it recognizes my Sennheiser Momentum 4 headphones as speakers, leading to a decline in sound quality. Below is a detailed description of the problem and the steps I have already taken to resolve it.System Specifications:Motherboard:...
  8. Headphones recognized as speakers when connected via Jack 3.5mm cable Windows 11

Headphones recognized as speakers when connected via Jack 3.5mm cable Windows 11: I am experiencing an issue with my PC where it recognizes my Sennheiser Momentum 4 headphones as speakers, leading to a decline in sound quality. Below is a detailed description of the problem and the steps I have already taken to resolve it.System Specifications:Motherboard:...
  9. Pc recognizes Headphones with mic, only as output.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc recognizes Headphones with mic, only as output.: I have an amazon basic headphones with mic. I used it in my laptop and it works sound and mic, but in my desktop only the sound works. I already tried windows update, sound control panel and drivers. The integrated mic in the headphones is not even showing on recording...
  10. Pc recognizes Headphones with mic, only as output.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc recognizes Headphones with mic, only as output.: I have an amazon basic headphones with mic. I used it in my laptop and it works sound and mic, but in my desktop only the sound works. I already tried windows update, sound control panel and drivers. The integrated mic in the headphones is not even showing on recording...