Windows 10: Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11

Discus and support Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Headphone Jack no longer works after upgrading to Windows 11. It works if I have it plugged in and reboot, but as soon as I unplug it stops until a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ruskle, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Ruskle Win User

Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11

My Headphone Jack no longer works after upgrading to Windows 11. It works if I have it plugged in and reboot, but as soon as I unplug it stops until a reboot....it does not automatically detect it

:)

Ruskle, Apr 22, 2022

2. Headphone jack not working

Hi Jonathan,

Issues with headphones or headphone jack could have happened due to hardware issues. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you update your driver. You can follow this
    link
    for the steps on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

If the issue still occurs, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer to check and troubleshoot your hardware issue with headphone jack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Apr 22, 2022
  3. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 22, 2022
  4. Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11

Headphone jack won't work

Hi,

I'm Nikah, a fellow customer, and an expert user. I'm happy to help answer your question.

Sorry for the inconvenience it caused you. If uninstalling or updating your sound drivers doesn't work. You can try disabling front panel jack detection. This is one of the simplest ways to resolve Windows 10 won’t recognize the headphones issue.

If you have the Realtek software installed on your computer or laptop, follow these steps to disable the headphone’s jack detection:

Right-click the Start button

Select Run

Type Control Panel then press enter to open it

Select Hardware and Sound

Find Realtek HD Audio Manager then click on it

Go to Connector settings

Click Disable front panel jack detection to check the box

Try on your headphones again to see whether this solution works for you.

If disabling the front panel jack detection doesn’t fix the Windows 10 won’t recognize headphones issue, try the next solution.

Another reason why your headphones may not be recognized by Windows 10 is the sound format. If this is not set correctly, then you may have the same problem over and over.

Here’s how to go about changing the default sound format:

Right-click Start

Click Control Panel

Click Hardware and Sound

Select Sound

Under Playback, double click on Default Playback device

Switch to Advanced tab

Change the default sound format from the drop-down menu

Try plugging in your headphones again to check if this solution fixes the Windows 10 won’t recognize headphones issue.

If changing the default sound format doesn’t work for you, try setting your headphone as the default playback device using these steps:

Right-click the Start button

Click on Control Panel

Select Hardware and Sound

Click Sound

Under Playback, right-click and select Show Disabled devices

From the list of headphones, right-click on your headphone device name

Select Enable

Click Set as Default

Click Apply

Once you follow all these steps, plug in your headphones again and check if they’re working.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Nikah J.

Expert

njjumetilco, Apr 22, 2022
Thema:

Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11

1. Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Headphone Jack Recognized

2. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones: I recently bought a used pc with windows 10 and I've been having issues with the audio. I've tried many different headphones but the only one that would work is if it was plugged into the usb port. Anytime something is plugged into the headphone jack, the pc does not...
  3. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones: I recently bought a used pc with windows 10 and I've been having issues with the audio. I've tried many different headphones but the only one that would work is if it was plugged into the usb port. Anytime something is plugged into the headphone jack, the pc does not...
  4. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  6. Windows 11 Headphone Jack Not Registering Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Headphone Jack Not Registering Headphones: I have just got a new laptop which came with windows 11 and the headphone jack is not working. I have tried several wired headphones, and have tried troubleshooting the problem but it always says nothing is plugged in to the 3.5mm jack, so the troubleshooter goes no further....
  7. Windows 11 Headphone Jack Not Registering Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Headphone Jack Not Registering Headphones: I have just got a new laptop which came with windows 11 and the headphone jack is not working. I have tried several wired headphones, and have tried troubleshooting the problem but it always says nothing is plugged in to the 3.5mm jack, so the troubleshooter goes no further....
  8. Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11: My Headphone Jack no longer works after upgrading to Windows 11. It works if I have it plugged in and reboot, but as soon as I unplug it stops until a reboot....it does not automatically detect it...
  9. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...
  10. Headphone jack not recognized as output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack not recognized as output device: Sometime recently, whenever I plug headphones into the jack, the computer tells me "You just plugged a device into the audio jack." But the sound keeps coming out of the laptop speakers. Headphones don't show up under output devices and the Realtek software only gives me two...