Windows 10: Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

Discus and support Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a used pc with windows 10 and I've been having issues with the audio. I've tried many different headphones but the only one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dakota Williams, Jul 17, 2024.

1. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

I recently bought a used pc with windows 10 and I've been having issues with the audio. I've tried many different headphones but the only one that would work is if it was plugged into the usb port. Anytime something is plugged into the headphone jack, the pc does not recognize it.

:)

Dakota Williams, Jul 17, 2024

2. Audio jack seems not detect my headphone

I have a windows 10 laptop and up until yesterday everything was fine , and suddenly it seems that my audio jack doesn;t detect my headphone. I connect my headphone to the audio jack, but the sounds just came out my laptop's speaker. I've tried to switch to my earphone and the result is the same. I've tried several solutions like uninstalling my driver or trying to get to the sounds properties , but the results are the same. Please give me your help , and btw I'm new here.

tarkijowow, Jul 17, 2024
  3. Blackink Win User
    Headphone jack goes in hard..

I feel kinda silly asking this question but I don't really know where I would ask it other than in this forum.

I have a pair of OneOdio headphones that I like wearing and listening to music while I'm browsing the Internet.
    The jack end (3.5mm plug?) that goes into the headphone jack of my speakers goes into that tiny hole kind of hard I think. It seems that I have to give it a pretty good push to get it to go in all of the way. And it's not a smooth push either!
    There is nothing on the jack end of the headphones nor is there anything in the hole of my Logitech speakers that the headphones plug into.
    I get the same results when I plug the headphones into my police scanner's headphone jack-it goes in kind of hard.

So.......I was wondering if there was something I could apply to the 3.5mm plug on my headphones that would "lube up" that plug and make it go into those holes easier?

Does anyone have a suggestion that would work but not cause the 3.5mm plug to get "gunked up" after awhile or gunk up the headphone jack hole in my speakers or police scanner?

The only thing I have here that I use to lube up o-rings is clear silicone grease but I'm not sure if that would work or not.

Thanks,
    Steve in Central Vermont

Blackink, Jul 17, 2024
  4. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

Headphone jack not working

Hi Jonathan,

Issues with headphones or headphone jack could have happened due to hardware issues. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you update your driver. You can follow this
    link
    for the steps on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

If the issue still occurs, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer to check and troubleshoot your hardware issue with headphone jack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jul 17, 2024
Thema:

Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

1. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones - Similar Threads - Headphone jack doesn't

2. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones: I recently bought a used pc with windows 10 and I've been having issues with the audio. I've tried many different headphones but the only one that would work is if it was plugged into the usb port. Anytime something is plugged into the headphone jack, the pc does not...
  3. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones: I recently bought a used pc with windows 10 and I've been having issues with the audio. I've tried many different headphones but the only one that would work is if it was plugged into the usb port. Anytime something is plugged into the headphone jack, the pc does not...
  4. Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack: Dell vostro 5410 windows 11 home laptop in headphone not detect please tell me how to resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/2f8ee37e-8f15-4540-8605-f0e3fe1f5f91
  5. Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11: My Headphone Jack no longer works after upgrading to Windows 11. It works if I have it plugged in and reboot, but as soon as I unplug it stops until a reboot....it does not automatically detect it...
  6. Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11: My Headphone Jack no longer works after upgrading to Windows 11. It works if I have it plugged in and reboot, but as soon as I unplug it stops until a reboot....it does not automatically detect it...
  7. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...
  8. headphone jack

headphone jack: My headphones jack stopped working late nite, cant seem to trouble shoot the problem...Help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/a7680508-2097-4d50-bce6-3d3c97ebc842
  9. headphone jack

headphone jack: re window 10 headphone jack not enabled in windows 10 cant seem to find realtek on my computer anymore cant find legit download site any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/a2daf100-aad5-455a-8e6f-84bee665dfdd
  10. Headphone jack not recognized as output device

Headphone jack not recognized as output device: Sometime recently, whenever I plug headphones into the jack, the computer tells me "You just plugged a device into the audio jack." But the sound keeps coming out of the laptop speakers. Headphones don't show up under output devices and the Realtek software only gives me two...