Windows 10: Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

Discus and support Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 65W, Dec 1, 2022.

1. 65W
    65W Win User

Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the following troubleshooting tips:The headset works on other devices Laptop with Windows 11, PlayStationAdjusting privacy settings.Enabling microphone in device manager however this is not possible because it says its not connectedReinstalling the device in control panel.Updating drives, windows etc.Other headsets also have

:)

2. Jack microphone not recognized after choosing Headphones over headset

Originally, I connected my headphones & got a notification that asked me what this type of device it was. I had two choices: "Headphones" or "Headset", so I choose Headphones. Now, when I connect my headset to the laptop, it treats it as a headphone and the headset's microphone won't work (there is no microphone for the headset in sound settings); I haven't been able to find the setting to change the Headphone and Headset options.

I have tried all the previous suggestions when I noticed that the "jack mic" is "not plugged in". I tried with two different sets of headphones/mic combos and nothing is triggering it. I am a teacher and a streamer and this is crippling me. I cannot go out and buy a separate microphone right now.

Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone 3d41bc95-ccb7-4541-a88a-d2b29f848a4d?upload=true.png

Stealth Science, Dec 1, 2022
  3. MollyFB Win User
    microphone is recognized as headphone when connected to headset 3.5mm port in the laptop

I have an ASUS k556U laptop with windows 11.

my microphone has a 3.5 mm jack when I connect it to my laptop it would be recognized as a headphone! the same is for the time when I connect my headset to laptop via headset port (for 3.5mm jack) it would be just recognized as a headphone and the microphone on the headset doesn't work!

although my laptop has an internal microphone, the quality of it is not that good so I'm willing to connect an external microphone but it doesn't work! (it used to work when I had windows 10 on my laptop)

MollyFB, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Hello,

I recently got a new headset with a mic, as i have been using an external mic that was separate from my old headphones and was really old and dodgy. The new headset i got was the Plantronics Rig Flex LX. It has really good sound quality and everything works well on my Xbox. However, when i went to use it on my computer, the computer will recognize the headset as a playback device, but doesnt recognize it as a recording device.

I have updated all of my drivers and tried plugging my headset into all of the 3 audio jacks (one for microphones, one for headphones, one for combination) but it still doesnt work.

Does anyone know a solution?

Aaeeschylus, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

1. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone - Similar Threads - Headphone Jack does

2. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones: I recently bought a used pc with windows 10 and I've been having issues with the audio. I've tried many different headphones but the only one that would work is if it was plugged into the usb port. Anytime something is plugged into the headphone jack, the pc does not...
  3. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones: I recently bought a used pc with windows 10 and I've been having issues with the audio. I've tried many different headphones but the only one that would work is if it was plugged into the usb port. Anytime something is plugged into the headphone jack, the pc does not...
  4. Headphone jack doesn't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  6. Jack microphone not recognized after choosing Headphones over headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jack microphone not recognized after choosing Headphones over headset: Originally, I connected my headphones & got a notification that asked me what this type of device it was. I had two choices: "Headphones" or "Headset", so I choose Headphones. Now, when I connect my headset to the laptop, it treats it as a headphone and the headset's...
  7. Jack microphone not recognized after choosing Headphones over headset

Jack microphone not recognized after choosing Headphones over headset: Originally, I connected my headphones & got a notification that asked me what this type of device it was. I had two choices: "Headphones" or "Headset", so I choose Headphones. Now, when I connect my headset to the laptop, it treats it as a headphone and the headset's...
  8. Headset microphones not working 3.5mm TRRS single-jack headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphones not working 3.5mm TRRS single-jack headphones: The only input device that could be the headset is the Stereo Mix RealtekR Audio- if it is not, then my laptop is not recognising microphones at all I have been testing my laptop with two headsets- one with a single audio jack and USB for LED, and the other with two...
  9. Combo headphone adapter not recognizing headset microphone

Combo headphone adapter not recognizing headset microphone: So, I got a Kingtop 3.5mm combo adapter, and it said it was compatible with gaming headsets. I tried it out, and the headphones are working fine. Except the microphone. Instead of my headset microphone, it uses my laptop microphone. And my laptop mic is not good. So I need...
  10. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...