Windows 10: HDMI & DisplayPort Daisy Chain?

Discus and support HDMI & DisplayPort Daisy Chain? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can I take HDMI out of my laptop, into a monitor, and then DisplayPort out of that monitor into a second monitor?I've tried, and can't make it work.Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dstone001, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Dstone001 Win User

HDMI & DisplayPort Daisy Chain?

Can I take HDMI out of my laptop, into a monitor, and then DisplayPort out of that monitor into a second monitor?I've tried, and can't make it work.Is there a setting or is this not possible?Thanks.

:)

Dstone001, Aug 7, 2021

2. DisplayPort Daisy Chain on Dell Monitor not working

We have a problem where a user has 4 monitors hooked up to their Windows 10 system with an RTX 2070 for graphics. They wanted to reserve the HDMI slot on the card, so I suggested running their 24" Dell monitors by daisy chaining the last two monitors. We enabled DisplayPort 1.2 in the Dell settings (FYI - you need to have a valid video signal to get to the menu to turn this on) and double checked that MST was enabled for the graphics card. After plugging in the daisy chained monitor, the monitor would flicker an image of the desktop for a second and then go black.

Windows 10 registered that the monitor was attached and daisy chained but we couldn't get an image to display. Looking around the web and I found a lot of articles saying Dell monitors are terrible for daisy chaining but beyond not enabling DP 1.2 and MST, nothing else was a solution to our problem. Since there is an image that flickers when you first hook it up, it seems like it is just a driver or display issue. Any thoughts?

Slippery Pete, Aug 7, 2021
  3. DisplayPort Daisy Chain on Dell Monitor not working

After lots of testing with settings, switching ports, and switching out cables we were able to solve the problem by using a full size DisplayPort cable as the input and a full size DisplayPort as the daisy chain cable. (No mini cables or converters.) Using a mini-DP cable in the chain broke the ability to daisy chain, even though it is labeled as mDP-IN and the Dell manual and website don't mention this as a requirement, everything is working great now.

Slippery Pete, Aug 7, 2021
  4. Helmut Win User

Can you use HDMI, Display port at the same time?

You can certainly use 2 as mine is HD 4600 and I can use 2 monitors.

To use 3 you would probably need 1 HDMI and 2 daisy chained DisplayPort, or 3 daisy chained DisplayPort.

This assumes DisplayPort 1.2 with MST. My Dell monitor has that and it states 2 external monitors to itself, presumably making 3 in all.

Helmut, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

1. HDMI & DisplayPort Daisy Chain? - Similar Threads - HDMI DisplayPort Daisy

2. DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work: I'm using a Dell Monitor that supports DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy Chain while the OSD configuration is enabled. The second screen is an MSI MAG271C and for the past 2 years using this configuration to expand windows desktop has worked without issue, but upon waking up the computer...
  3. DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work: I'm using a Dell Monitor that supports DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy Chain while the OSD configuration is enabled. The second screen is an MSI MAG271C and for the past 2 years using this configuration to expand windows desktop has worked without issue, but upon waking up the computer...
  4. DisplayPort daisy chain crashes windows 11 laptop on wake-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort daisy chain crashes windows 11 laptop on wake-up: Hi,I have a 1st gen Lenovo X1 Nano laptop Windows 11, Intel Iris Xe video that has 2 Dell U2415 monitors daisy chained over DisplayPort, where the first monitor is connected to the laptop with a USB-C to DisplayPort cable plugable brand, and the second monitor is connected...
  5. DisplayPort daisy chain crashes windows 11 laptop on wake-up

DisplayPort daisy chain crashes windows 11 laptop on wake-up: Hi,I have a 1st gen Lenovo X1 Nano laptop Windows 11, Intel Iris Xe video that has 2 Dell U2415 monitors daisy chained over DisplayPort, where the first monitor is connected to the laptop with a USB-C to DisplayPort cable plugable brand, and the second monitor is connected...
  6. Daisy-chaining on new PC not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daisy-chaining on new PC not working: Hi, I have a dual monitor set-up, both Lenovo P24h-10, monitor A being my 'main' monitor connected to either my work laptop via USB-C or my personal computer using DP. My secondary monitor, let's call it monitor B, is connected to monitor A via DP out. Monitor B input is...
  7. Daisy-chaining on new PC not working

Daisy-chaining on new PC not working: Hi, I have a dual monitor set-up, both Lenovo P24h-10, monitor A being my 'main' monitor connected to either my work laptop via USB-C or my personal computer using DP. My secondary monitor, let's call it monitor B, is connected to monitor A via DP out. Monitor B input is...
  8. Surface USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter support MST daisy chaining?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter support MST daisy chaining?: I have a Surface Pro 7 with Windows 11 and I want to connect 2 monitors and I need to by a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter.I would like to know if the original Surface USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter support MST daisy chaining to connect with one single DisplayPort cable both...
  9. Surface USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter support MST daisy chaining?

Surface USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter support MST daisy chaining?: I have a Surface Pro 7 with Windows 11 and I want to connect 2 monitors and I need to by a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter.I would like to know if the original Surface USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter support MST daisy chaining to connect with one single DisplayPort cable both...
  10. Network question Daisy chaining shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network question Daisy chaining shares: Hi folks If I have a NAS / LINUX server and a Windows machine on a network I can mount a Windows drive on to the NAS server and if it's mounted on a SAMBA share e.g /mnt/sharename then anybody who has access to the server can also access the Windows share (assuming right...