Windows 10: HDMI Audio shows not connected

Discus and support HDMI Audio shows not connected in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pc is hooked upto my TV via HDMI and my TV has a home theatre setup via ARC HDMI. My pc used to send audio via hdmi to my speaker setup but it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anshuman Ojha1, Sep 25, 2024 at 2:57 AM.

1. HDMI Audio shows not connected

My pc is hooked upto my TV via HDMI and my TV has a home theatre setup via ARC HDMI. My pc used to send audio via hdmi to my speaker setup but it just stopped working one day. Maybe it has to do something with the drivers? I tried rolling back the drivers and installing different ones but it didnt work. It still shows that my audio device is “not connected” in the sounds tab. Would really love some help on this because reddit served no help and people just outright ignored my post.

:)

Anshuman Ojha1, Sep 25, 2024 at 2:57 AM

2. not showing hdmi audio playback option

Hello Brahmanandarath,

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps. First check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

• Click Start and select Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click HDMI Output
      and select Default Device.
    • Now the audio must be playing on HDMI.
    Also try updating the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Click on the link below for more information on updating the drivers.

Redirecting

You may also unplug and plug in back the HDMI output and check.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 25, 2024 at 2:59 AM
  3. Dacur Win User
    HDMI audio driver for ASUS X551M laptop?

This is from Intel regarding hdmi:
    • Install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver, this also installs the latest audio codecs for HDMI.
    • After driver installation, connect to the HDMI TV or digital display, using a HDMI cable.
    • Select HDMI audio as your default playback device. Click Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    • Right-click on the device for HDMI audio, and select Set as Default Device.

4. HDMI Audio shows not connected

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Thema:

HDMI Audio shows not connected

1. HDMI Audio shows not connected - Similar Threads - HDMI Audio shows

2. HDMI Audio shows not connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Audio shows not connected: My pc is hooked upto my TV via HDMI and my TV has a home theatre setup via ARC HDMI. My pc used to send audio via hdmi to my speaker setup but it just stopped working one day. Maybe it has to do something with the drivers? I tried rolling back the drivers and installing...
  3. HDMI Audio shows not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI Audio shows not connected: My pc is hooked upto my TV via HDMI and my TV has a home theatre setup via ARC HDMI. My pc used to send audio via hdmi to my speaker setup but it just stopped working one day. Maybe it has to do something with the drivers? I tried rolling back the drivers and installing...
  4. HDMI Connecting but not showing screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Connecting but not showing screen: When I connect my laptop to a monitor through HDMI, the computer reacts as if it's been connected, and I can drag things over to the other "screen" but the screen itself stays black. It worked for about 4 months just fine, then one day this problem came up out of nowhere.If I...
  5. HDMI Connecting but not showing screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI Connecting but not showing screen: When I connect my laptop to a monitor through HDMI, the computer reacts as if it's been connected, and I can drag things over to the other "screen" but the screen itself stays black. It worked for about 4 months just fine, then one day this problem came up out of nowhere.If I...
  6. HDMI Connecting but not showing screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. HDMI not connecting audio

HDMI not connecting audio: Hello, When I connect my laptop to another device TV, projector, the visual connects fine, but the audio comes out of the laptop, rather than the external device. This happens on every device, regardless of cord or receiver. All of my audio driver say they are fully...
  8. HDMI is not connecting audio

HDMI is not connecting audio: Hello, When I connect my laptop to another device TV, projector, the visual connects fine, but the audio comes out of the laptop, rather than the external device. This happens on every device, regardless of cord or receiver. All of my audio driver say they are fully...
  9. HDMI audio connectivity issues

HDMI audio connectivity issues: each time I connect my HP notebook to my Samsung series 6 TV via HDMI the video is properly displayed but the audio is produced by the computer and not the TV. Please help me I've tried to solve the problem for the passed week I contacted the virtual agent and the failed to...
  10. No HDMI Audio options showing in playback

in Windows 10 Support
    No HDMI Audio options showing in playback: I just updated a gateway lt4004u laptop from windows 7 to 10. I am trying to use a tv as a monitor via hdmi which is working but I cant get the audio to work. Ive tried updating the drivers, right clicking to show hidden devices, and disabling, restarting and enabling again....