Windows 10: HDD Storage

Discus and support HDD Storage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was wondering why my 1Tb hard drive has only 931gb, i ruled out that it wasnt because of my os because thats on a seperate drive. Does any one know?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NotCaidzz, May 30, 2022.

1. HDD Storage

I was wondering why my 1Tb hard drive has only 931gb, i ruled out that it wasnt because of my os because thats on a seperate drive. Does any one know?

submitted by /u/NotCaidzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NotCaidzz, May 30, 2022
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 30, 2022
  3. brify Win User
    Storage setup with a SSD and HDD

Hi

I have just purchased an HP Pavillion Desktop with a 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD, I have initialised windows, choosing to use OneDrive for backup and storage (I have 1TB cloud storage with 365) and also updated windows and drivers. I have not transferred
    any data from my old pc yet.

I now wish to setup the pc to have the operating system and program files on the SSD as they are currently and all my Files/Pictures/Music etc on the HDD but I am unsure of the correct procedures and order in which to carry them out. I also want to
    continue using OneDrive for backup and file access from other devices.

I am aware of the following:

• The OneDrive folder is currently on the SSD and is backing up the default Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I wish to move this folder to the HDD but I am not when to do this, looking at the steps below, to prevent any sync issues
    • I know I can move my user folders, Documents, Pictures etc to the HDD by changing the location of these from C: (SSD) to D: (HDD), leaving the User/Username folder on C:
    • I have also noticed that in Settings/System/Storage I can 'change the location where new content is saved' for these folders, what is the difference between this and moving the location of the folders as detailed above.

Can anyone advise on the best/correct method of setting my system up going forward?

Thanks

brify, May 30, 2022
  4. Johankaan Win User

HDD Storage

unlock hdd

Johankaan, May 30, 2022
Thema:

HDD Storage

1. HDD Storage - Similar Threads - HDD Storage

2. All external storage USB, HDD suddenly becomes readonly, cannot delete files, need...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All external storage USB, HDD suddenly becomes readonly, cannot delete files, need...: I had two external HDD, one is a Toshiba 4TB with bitlocker and the other is a WD 4TB without bitlocker. I used to be able to freely write files to either HDD and delete files with no problems. However as of last week, I suddenly get a permission issue. I could not delete...
  3. All external storage USB, HDD suddenly becomes readonly, cannot delete files, need...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All external storage USB, HDD suddenly becomes readonly, cannot delete files, need...: I had two external HDD, one is a Toshiba 4TB with bitlocker and the other is a WD 4TB without bitlocker. I used to be able to freely write files to either HDD and delete files with no problems. However as of last week, I suddenly get a permission issue. I could not delete...
  4. I just upgraded my storage from an old hdd to a new ssd and problems keep coming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just upgraded my storage from an old hdd to a new ssd and problems keep coming: Hello all,My problem started like that: I changed all thermal paste and swapped my old hdd with a ssd from verbatim. Also did a fresh install of windows 10 where I decided to make the system partition on the other ssd adata nvme,and leave the 1 tb verbatim ssd for games. The...
  5. I just upgraded my storage from an old hdd to a new ssd and problems keep coming

I just upgraded my storage from an old hdd to a new ssd and problems keep coming: Hello all,My problem started like that: I changed all thermal paste and swapped my old hdd with a ssd from verbatim. Also did a fresh install of windows 10 where I decided to make the system partition on the other ssd adata nvme,and leave the 1 tb verbatim ssd for games. The...
  6. I just upgraded my storage from an old hdd to a new ssd and problems keep coming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation.: I have a desktop pc I have used for 4 years or so now with a combination of a sata 2.5 SSD and a 3.5 sata HDD. My boot drive is SATA SSD using windows 10 pro 22h2 and my HDD is my secondary storage device. Recently I decided to do a fresh install on a newer SATA SSD since my...
  8. Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation.: I have a desktop pc I have used for 4 years or so now with a combination of a sata 2.5 SSD and a 3.5 sata HDD. My boot drive is SATA SSD using windows 10 pro 22h2 and my HDD is my secondary storage device. Recently I decided to do a fresh install on a newer SATA SSD since my...
  9. Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation.

10. 1T HDD recognized but not giving me storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1T HDD recognized but not giving me storage: i connected a 1T hdd drive to my pc and my pc recognizes the HDD drive but it is not giving me storage i can see the HDD in task manager but i still am not getting the storage how can i fix this....